Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 02:34 PM

I plan on purchasing travel protection and want to hear from cruisers who have filed claims with CSA. Their website shows two plans "Freestyle" and "Freestyle LUXE". The coverage and rates look good but the "terms and conditions" are intimidating. If you have filed a claim with CSA, please like me know how they handled it. Thanks
Old 02-13-2008, 02:34 PM

I plan on purchasing travel protection and want to hear from cruisers who have filed claims with CSA. Their website shows two plans "Freestyle" and "Freestyle LUXE". The coverage and rates look good but the "terms and conditions" are intimidating. If you have filed a claim with CSA, please like me know how they handled it. Thanks
Old 02-14-2008, 11:20 AM

Hi bross,

Welcome to cruise-chat! I'll let you know up front I work for an agency that sells CSA so I may be a little biased. I have had nothing but good results. I purchase their standard plan for every cruise I take. I personally don't think the Luxe is worth the difference in cost for the tiny bit of difference between the plans. I have never personally had to file a claim but have taken the call from clients many many times that had to file them. I have only once ever had a single issue with a claim and it involved an airline delay. Never had anyone have a problem with medical claims or other problems. There are some guidelines on the flights that you must follow for when your flight has to be on the ground and your departure times otherwise the claim will not cover your flight. I know there are many good choices out there for insurance, in my dealings with CSA I truely believe they are among the best and have been very pleased to be able to offer their policies. I feel comfortable with them for my clients and my own family's travel protection.

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-15-2008, 07:41 AM

Several years ago we bought a CSA policy to cover a Med cruise and extended European land (driving) trip. Although we seldom buy any trip insurance, at that time we were concerned about my aging in-laws. A week before we were to leave for Europe, my mother-in-law got sick with a case of pancreatitus and was hospitalized. We decided not to take the trip and notified CSA via phone. Two weeks later my mother-in-law died from complications related to this illness. We filed all the necessary paperwork with CSA and received total reimbursement within a month. We would use this company again if we felt the need for trip insurance.

Hank

Closed Thread

Tags
cruises, csa, csatravelprotection, extended, family, freestyle, good, illness, luxe, member, protection, review, reviews, rules, travel