Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2003, 07:01 PM

I have read every single one of your reviews (most of them several times!)
i just wanted to know what cabins you have stayed in (inside stateroom, oceanview, etc) and which ones did you like the best!
I remember you said that you once stayed at one overlooking the promiade.
I am going on my first cruise in Feb and dont have a lot of money, so will i enjoy my cabin even if it is an inside stateroom?

Thank you!
Rebecca

Life is for the living
CARPE DIEM!
Old 10-20-2003, 07:01 PM

I have read every single one of your reviews (most of them several times!)
i just wanted to know what cabins you have stayed in (inside stateroom, oceanview, etc) and which ones did you like the best!
I remember you said that you once stayed at one overlooking the promiade.
I am going on my first cruise in Feb and dont have a lot of money, so will i enjoy my cabin even if it is an inside stateroom?

Thank you!
Rebecca

Life is for the living
CARPE DIEM!
Old 10-21-2003, 07:01 AM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Rebecca,
We thank you for your kind words, they are most appreciated.

We have stayed in most cabin categories, including a suite on the Summit.

Inside: One of the criterions we use when we book an inside cabin, is we check the picture of the inside cabin in the brochure of the cruise line, to see if the back wall has a mirror. A mirror on the back wall gives the cabin a much more open feeling. We set the TV to the channel with the ships bridge cam, so we can see what the weather is when we wake up in the morning, but make sure you turn off the sound. An inside cabin is the best black out curtain possible and provides the best nights sleep.

Outside & Balcony: Outside cabins are nice but if we had our druthers, we prefer a balcony cabin. We like a balcony cabin because it gives a very open, bright feeling to the cabin. One of our favorite things to do on a cruise, is to have breakfast on our balcony as we watch the sunrise. Its very romantic and a wonderful way to start the day. A side benefit is it's a great place to dry your wet clothes after coming from the pool.

A Suite: They are like a small apartment. Some are very elegant with indoor and balcony hot tubs and some even have a baby grand piano in the living room. All of them have butler and concierge service and numerous other amenities. A suite is a luxury but if you have the money it is well worth the price.

<<I am going on my first cruise in Feb and don't have a lot of money, so will I enjoy my cabin even if it is an inside stateroom?>>

Rebecca, yes, you definitely will. Being this is your first cruise, you will be so busy seeing and doing so many things, your going to spend very little time in your cabin.

The best thing you can take with you on your cruise is a positive attitude. If you do that, you can be assured you will have a wonderful, new, joy filled experience.

Write us when you return,
Our warm regards,
Tom & Mary

Thank you!
Rebecca

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, mary, reviews, tom