Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2006, 11:35 AM

Thankyou everyone for replying and all the helpful advise ( resale shops, ties, etc.) I guess i am too confused about the whole dress up thing. on regular "casual nights" should my son just wear dockers and a nice polo shirt and on formal nights maybe a dress shirt with a tie. ( a jacket i believe is out of the question for him) i'm lucky just to get him into a tie and dress shoes!
Old 06-24-2006, 11:47 AM

2cruise, please don't sweat dress-up night. There will be people dressed all different ways, and, in general, kids and teens aren't as dressed up as the adults. The main question is, how will YOU feel if everyone at the table is dressed up except your kids? If they wear a collared shirt and tie, with no jacket, it'll be perfectly fine, and I promise you there will be kids (and probably adults, too) who are dressed more casually. Do plan to have the photographer take a picture of all of you. I think half the reason there is a dress-up night is so the photographer can sell more pictures of you back to you! If your kids' dress is ok with you, it'll be ok with everyone else.

Also, a LOT of people go back to their room after dinner and change back into casual clothes. I'm sure your kids will be happier with whatever they wear to dinner, if you tell them they just have to wear it through dinner, and then they can change.

Sandy
Old 06-24-2006, 01:57 PM

2cruiseagain, I'm glad that Sandy cleared that up for you. My youngest son was not about to wear a suit, and I left it up to him. He liked his long sleeve black sweater and black pants, and I was not about to criticize him for it. If anyone at my dinner table spends more than a second upset over what my son is wearing, than they need to get a life. I want to enjoy my vacation, not fight over what to wear. And the family portrait is not about what you're wearing, it's about memories and being with your family. Have a good time

Closed Thread

Tags
bow, boy, cloth, doesnt, dress, force, formal, kid, son, tie, wear, wwwcruise