Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2002, 07:40 AM
Banned

Would like some reccommendations for a hotel in Ft Lauderdale. I see there are some that have shuttles from the air port and also to the cruise port. I have also read that this service it a hit and miss and some people were not to happy with it. That it may be better to take a cab. Will need the room Oct 25 the night before the cruise. We have always flown in the day of the cruise but this time we decided to go in the day before so we won't be so wore out on the first cruise day. We don't need a 5 star hotel but would like a nice place for a reasonable price. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:40 AM
Banned

Would like some reccommendations for a hotel in Ft Lauderdale. I see there are some that have shuttles from the air port and also to the cruise port. I have also read that this service it a hit and miss and some people were not to happy with it. That it may be better to take a cab. Will need the room Oct 25 the night before the cruise. We have always flown in the day of the cruise but this time we decided to go in the day before so we won't be so wore out on the first cruise day. We don't need a 5 star hotel but would like a nice place for a reasonable price. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:02 AM

Had a condo in Ft. Lauderdale 2 years ago. Not familiar with current hotels. I would suggest that you get a AAA tour book if you can, and get a hotel/motel on the airport side, as that's where the cruise ship port is. I can see why some people might have a problem with transportation, due to the fact of so many yachts and sailboats having the drawbridges to open. Some open at a certain time, others open on demand. There can be huge backups at some points, and shuttles as well as cabs try to take different routes to avoid this, as do the natives. Granted, you won't be seeing the magnificent beach, but have to figure what you're priority is. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2002, 01:42 PM

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale the night before our cruise. Uneven service picking up from airport (we waited quite a while) but you can reserve space on a hotel shuttle to the port the next day when you check in. We booked several months in advance so rates were pretty reasonable for the service (nice large room, full cooked breakfast included); I don't know what you will find for them a month out. Good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, fort, ft, hotel, hotels, lauderdale, pre, precruise, preembarkation, reviews, shuttle, star