Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2006, 08:43 AM

I'm considering a 12 days North Cape Norwegian Fjords cruise with Princess/Grand Princess but I'm concerned that my husband might get bored with 12 days of fjords! Any experience/comment with this kind of cruise? Thanks.

As alternative I like a 12 days Iceland, Norway, British Isles itinerary from/to London, also with Princess. They do the fjords North of Bergen. Any comment on this cruise?

Would the sea be rough to Iceland? (June cruising).

Also, how do you like the Costa line and Costa Magica in particular? They have a good 7 days fjord cruise from/to Copenhagen but I read some negative comments on Costa posted on the Internet.

We only took one cruise before with Princess and we were extremely satisfied and happy with them.

Thank you very much for any help and input.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:15 PM

Irene, if you were happy with Princess before, don't switch to Costa. Ask your hubby how he would feel about the all-Norwegian coastal cruise. If he yawns then choose the other itinerary. The sea might be somewhat rough to Iceland; you may want to try for a midship cabin.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:34 PM

Irene,

you cannot compare Princess and Costa.

I would prefer Princess and Norway and all the Fjords are so beautiful. Something like Alaska, I wish we could book it, but itīs really difficult for non US-citizens to book a Princess cruise.

The Costa Magica is more Carnival, more colours, more italian people, different kind of passengers, not the kind of co-passengers I would prefer and not the kind of design I would prefer. I only can write you what Iīve heard from other passengers and their experiences.

Sea could be rough around Scandinavia and the North Cape but it also can be very smooth, but it would be a cruise you will never forget.
Friends just came back from their cruise on the Constellation and they had wonderful weather, no waves, only a little rain, absolutely perfect.

But you have to make the decision, we can only give you some advices.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:55 AM

Hi Irene,
My personal preference is Princess. However, we booked the Costa Magica for a Christmas cruise because their prices were a good deal less than Princess. If you're not looking until next June, I can let you know how the Magica is when we get back in January. Best wishes!

Closed Thread

Tags
costa, cruise, fiords, fjord, fjords, iceland, norway, norwegian, reviews, rough, sea