Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2003, 08:30 AM

Hello everyone, I would really love to take a cruise this year. But I just came back from Las Vegas and have another trip to San Diego coming up soon. So I don't have time to cruise till after August, and my boyfriends birthday is in Oct. Therefore I was thinking about going in Oct, but I've heard that Oct. is not a very good month to take a cruise. Anyone who has any info on this please let me know.....I would like to go on RC to the Bahamas. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2003, 08:30 AM

Hello everyone, I would really love to take a cruise this year. But I just came back from Las Vegas and have another trip to San Diego coming up soon. So I don't have time to cruise till after August, and my boyfriends birthday is in Oct. Therefore I was thinking about going in Oct, but I've heard that Oct. is not a very good month to take a cruise. Anyone who has any info on this please let me know.....I would like to go on RC to the Bahamas. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2003, 01:26 PM

October can be a fine time to cruise! Prices tend to be a bit lower than usual (though this year that may not be true, as there have been bargains all year long so far), and if you like tropical warmth, it's ideal! Granted, anything between June and November is considered "hurricane season," but chances are, you won't encounter one.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:20 AM

We did Grand Princess last year in October, and the weather was cloudless for the whole 7 nights, and probably in the mid eighties, so absolutely no worries about the weather. We did Princess Keys, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel.
Another thing that we noticed at that time of year was that we honestly did not feel one moment of motion on the ship for the whole 7 nights.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:18 PM

You could certainly have wonderful weather on your cruise, as the previous post, but you must be prepared for hurricane season, and possibly having some or all of your ports canceled or changed. That's one of the reasons that the rates are so much less.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:54 PM

We have always cruised in October!
We live in a resort area in Canada so we get our holidays then!
We have only had one problem out of 6!!
but even thou we hit a hurricane the ship moves away and compensated for it by doing extra things on the ship! yes it was disappointing we never really saw much of the ports of call but the time we had on the ship was a memory i will always remember!! Regardless of the weather cruising is still the way to have a vacation!!
We are going on the Carnival Destiny on october 19th 2003!!!
just book and have a great time!!
Cheers,
Captangel
Old 06-26-2003, 08:47 AM
We have cruised in October a couple of times. The most recent was last Oct out of Galveston. Our cruise was right behind two hurricanes in the gulf. It turned out okay, however, it gave us some worry getting into port. We always fly in a day early since we fly out of a small airport to a connecting airport, and we always purchase cruise insurance. So far we have been lucky and have not been delayed and have not had to use our insurance. It kind a like life insurance, we would rather not use it!

"Sea" you,

Keith & Rita Ann

Fast dancing is the second best form of exercise,
slow dancing leads to the first!
Old 08-01-2003, 05:31 AM

We have a cruise scheduled Oct 19 on RC Sov o t Seas. From everything I've been able to find, the hurricane centers have revised their forcast for the year to say that we will have many fewer hurricanes this year than previously thought, and most of the activity will be in Sept. Hope this helps- and yes the discounts are still out there! We got two ocean view rooms for 306 pp! Happy cruising!

Lynn T

Closed Thread

Tags
23, 30, bahamas, bermuda, canada, cruise, cruising, good, month, night, october, reviews, ship, weather, weatherwise, wise