Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2005, 06:24 AM

Hi
Having only been on 2 cruises I'd like to know what people thought of the late night buffets? I've seen 3 or 4 of them in this short period of time and I'm starting to think, one very much looks like another. Yes I'm impressed by them, who wouldn't be. Do you think anyone who is a season cruiser goes to them or is it to impress the new cruise people?
Also does anyone know what happens to all the food which is left over? I'm really hoping it doesn't go to waste.
Anyway what's everyone's thoughts?
Thanks
Billy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-01-2005, 06:24 AM

Hi
Having only been on 2 cruises I'd like to know what people thought of the late night buffets? I've seen 3 or 4 of them in this short period of time and I'm starting to think, one very much looks like another. Yes I'm impressed by them, who wouldn't be. Do you think anyone who is a season cruiser goes to them or is it to impress the new cruise people?
Also does anyone know what happens to all the food which is left over? I'm really hoping it doesn't go to waste.
Anyway what's everyone's thoughts?
Thanks
Billy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-01-2005, 06:38 AM

I always like to dine at late seating so a midnight buffet to me is just not interesting, as I am still full from dinner. Many folks love them (especially the themed buffets).

You will see the food recycled into other dishes generally the next day.

Tom
Old 04-01-2005, 07:54 AM

I don't usually go to the buffets either except for the last one that is a MUCH bigger production. The left over chocolate for Carnival's buffet goes into the chocolate buffet for the next day at lunch which is Really Good.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 04-02-2005, 04:04 PM

Most of the Princess ships have the 24 hr. buffet, Horizon Court, and have done away with the traditional Midnight Buffet.
They have certain themed meals & luncheons.
I do believe the more you cruise the less of a big deal you make out of the food. Yes, it is lovely, but, you are not shocked as first timers are.

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 04-03-2005, 05:13 PM

We just got off a cruise, yesterday. The cruise director said that the average cruiser gains between 8 and 10 pounds on a cruise. I ate like I know better but only gained 5 lbs. I found on our first cruise I only ate one meal a day. The problem was it started a 8:00 am and ended about 9:00 pm. I do agree, the more cruises you do, the less inportant the amount of food becomes.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:49 PM

We have been on three cruises. One was open seating for dinner; one we had first seating; one we had second seating. When we had the second seating the Midnight Buffets were nice to look at, but since we had just finished eating an hour and a half earlier we just looked. RCL's Jewel of the Seas had a super Midnight Grand Buffet on its 8 day cruise but a so-so Chocolate Buffet. I would have gladly skipped dinner for the Grand Buffet had I known how good it was. The Midnight Buffets on both the Norwegian Sun and HAL Ryndam were chocolate oriented, so we just skipped dessert during dinner.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:22 AM

There used to be a joke about daft things passengers say:

"what time is the midnight buffet"

Well, I've just been on Carnival Conquest, and the midnight buffet is at 12.30

Work that one out if you can.............
Old 04-17-2005, 01:14 PM

My wife and I just got home from the Voyager of the Seas. We had 2 midnight buffets. One was out by the swimming pool with lots of dancing and drinking, the next night we had one on the fine dining area, that one had better food, and I found it quite enjoyable. I would not want one every night, but I thought 2 for the week was great...

Closed Thread

Tags
buffet, buffets, conquest, cruise, food, jewel, late, left, mid, midnight, night, seas, ship