Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 06:28 AM
there was a thread on the princess forum fron a new poster "big guy" about bringing alcohol onboard.It was actually about two 18year olds who wanted to smuggle vodka on board and Dave Beers made it very clear that it was against all rules to bring alcohol on board and then closed the thread. I thought there was a bit more to dicuss which may be relevent so here goes.

As I have not yet learned how to cut & paste quotes I will have to repeat Daves words...."It is against US law for people under 21 to possess or use alcohol,it is also against Princess cruises policy" Nearly right Dave but when I look in my uk princess mediterranean brouchure under important cruise information at the back under age limits it says age 18 for cruises departing from southampton ( uk ) so if they were departing from the uk the big guy would be ok to drink on board.
Dave also said " it is also against princess cruises policy for anyone regardless of age to bring alcohol aboard their ships" sorry Dave I must once again disagee..princess have no objection to you bringing a bottle of wine onboard to celebrate a special occaision or just for you to enjoy in your stateroom provided you limit this to 2 bottles. I think you'll agree that wine is alcohol.

Dave also said " and supports compliance with the rules of all cruise lines " well if that the case Dave how do you react to the princess booking conditions under security ,safety and support say the following " The passenger must not bring on board the cruise ship any goods or articles of an inflammable or dangerous nature." let me think now...umm..ah yes box of matches or a lighter required by smokers....this means they must be breaking the rules when boarding...so really all smokers should be banned unless they buy their matches on board the ship

please don't think I,m having a pop at Dave, he does a great job for this forum but even he can get the odd statement wrong now & again....I just thought this topic deseved more of an airing but please,please don't use this as an excuse to disuss how to smuggle whiskey or vodka on board ...Dave has made it clear where the forum stands on this and I for one ageee with him.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
please don't think I,m having a pop at Dave
Sure seems like it! But if you say you aren't then so be it.

Quote:
Nearly right Dave but when I look in my uk princess mediterranean brouchure under important cruise information at the back under age limits it says age 18 for cruises departing from southampton ( uk ) so if they were departing from the uk the big guy would be ok to drink on board.
But they weren't, which is why I was referring to policy for cruises leaving U.S. ports.

Quote:
Dave also said " it is also against princess cruises policy for anyone regardless of age to bring alcohol aboard their ships" sorry Dave I must once again disagee..princess have no objection to you bringing a bottle of wine onboard to celebrate a special occaision or just for you to enjoy in your stateroom provided you limit this to 2 bottles. I think you'll agree that wine is alcohol.
Trying out the old microscope, Jack? When I say alcohol I mean hard stuff and not wine or beer. I am fully aware of Princess allowing wine but I didn't want to clutter my response with exceptions since I was trying to make a basic point.

Quote:
Dave also said " and supports compliance with the rules of all cruise lines " well if that the case Dave how do you react to the princess booking conditions under security ,safety and support say the following " The passenger must not bring on board the cruise ship any goods or articles of an inflammable or dangerous nature." let me think now...umm..ah yes box of matches or a lighter required by smokers....this means they must be breaking the rules when boarding...so really all smokers should be banned unless they buy their matches on board the ship
I think it is readily apparent to the casual observer that they do not mean lighters and matches, but rather things such as gasoline, fireworks, and hand grenades.

I'm happy that you support me in my stance against smuggling. The reason I closed that other thread is because I didn't want it to grow into the usual smuggling thread that we have to contend with every so often. They all say the same things and it becomes tedious. And it would be irresponsible of me to allow a thread to live on when it involves minors trying to break rules and laws. They would have gotten responses on how to do it, which means I would have been supporting it by not taking action.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Dave how do you do those quote things ?
Dave said "well they wern't" of course as administrator you would know where they were from but I didn't and they had no location that I could see on their profile so thats why I posted because I was aware that you could drink at 18 from the uk....but yeah fair enough.
Fair comment about the alcohol, I did grasp the point you were making...and hey maybe I was being just a bit too picky...but you have to know that for me it was a boring morning,the weather was pretty grotty,there was nothing on tv..I don't have 650 channels like you guys and worst of all I don't have a new cruise to look forward to or even plan for...so what do we do...we look for something to debate on the forum ....oh and by the way ..its not quite so boring now as I'm reading some of the posts.

had a little smile when I saw your answer to my matches & lighter paragraph...I think you took it seriously It was actually my british sense of humour, the big should have given it away....I said it was a boring day
Old 07-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Jack,

I am reknowned for my exceedingly dry wit - both verbally and in writing.

Yes, lots of posting going on this morning. I've been sitting here for a couple hours monitoring things. Almost time to hit the yard and do my lawn trimming. That should take an hour or so.

As for quotes - just copy something from the post you are responding to and put it in your reply window. Also, there is a little button in the reply window that looks like this: "..."

That is the quote button. Make sure the stuff you want to quote is inside the "[quote]" blocks. But if you highlight something and then paste it, it should automatically gain the quote blocks.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Banned

My thought's, Boys will be boys? Give them both a fifth of vodka,let them drink it all in the parking lot before they board ship,puke thier guts out and miss the first two days of thier $200 a day cruise! You would save the family the embarasement and perhaps funeral bills,recently so many have fallen overboard or been seriously injured from the result of intoxication.Above all else Jack We must preserve our God given right of stupidity!
Old 07-14-2007, 03:51 PM

Not to worry Bruce, I think Jack is giving it the old college try.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, princess