Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 05:47 PM

papa55

I'm just speculating, but if you flew to Boston first on your previous cruises, then I'm guessing you flew on United, as Boston I think is one of their major cities. As Cruise Fanatic states, for this upcoming cruise you're most likely on either Delta or Northwest.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 12-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I have been on 3 cruises that all left from Florida and I always flew to Boston first and then Florida
Bear in mind there are a lot fewer flights now than there were even just a few months ago, and a significant drop in scheduled flights as compared to last year. All the airlines started cutting back in the fall of 2008, and the resulting drop in seat inventory means things aren't going to be as you previously experienced.

Last year I could fly direct from Huntsville to Orlando. Now my choices are flying to Atlanta first, Memphis first, Charlotte first, or even Dallas, to get my second flight to Orlando. Actually, there is also an option for me to fly from HSV to DET, and then to MCO too.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:42 PM

I guess after thinking about it more, that they are not all that crazy and similar to my experiences. To fly from Myrtle Beach going south to MIA I've had to go either to Atlanta, Raleigh/Durham, or Charlotte first in the past.

Dwayne
Old 12-29-2009, 09:52 PM

Papa55- I'm in Portsmouth, NH and we typically find affordable airfare out of Boston to Fort Lauderdale on Jet Blue- direct flight. Not sure what you paid for airfare through Carnival but we got flights for $379 per person, round trip in March which is over spring break. Not a bad price considering it a busy travel week and we booked the flights a month ago. You could also consider flying Jet Blue out of Portland but you would have to grab a connecting flight in NY.

Of course, I'm taking on some risk by booking air on my own but it's worth it if you plan accordingly. We are flying in a day early just in case it snows...with my luck, it will
Have a great cruise!

Louis
Old 12-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the info, Louis. We usually fly Delta to Boston and then on to Florida for about the same price you paid. The flight this time was a little over $1000 for the two of us. Flying out of Bangor is more expensive but closer to home.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:20 AM

I agree with Louis, we also booked Jet Blue which I have never done before as they're pricing was so much better than A/A and it was a direct flight from Boston. Our biggest problem was getting to Boston from Vermont. We ended doing as Louis did booking a day earlier and having to take Grey hound down as it was an early flight. Still cheaper than driving to Boston and either paying parking fees or staying overnight in Boston. The other benefit was that they are offering free first checked bag! Here's hoping it will all go smooth in April!

Happy cruising papa55 in February!
Old 12-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Banned

Forgot to add my BEST story....

since we fly for free...this usually does NOT happen...

but we got a direct flight from Memphis to Miami and back in September...

it was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
air, atlanta, aweigh, carnival, carnivals, celebs, connections, crazy, cruise, fare, fly, orlando, program, reviews, supplements