Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 08:09 AM

Just returned from a fabulous Alaska cruise on Royal Caribbean. Not
only did we have record high temps and no rain whatsoever, we won a
7-night Caribbean cruise for 2 at Royal Bingo!
Of course, there are several restrictions. It excludes major holiday
sailings, as well as June and July sailings, stateroom categories are
inside or outside, and it can be booked no earlier than 30 days prior
to sailing. We live in British Columbia, so our airfare will be fairly
costly.
Has anyone else won a cruise from the cruise line? With all the
restrictions, were you able to find a suitable cruise, or did you end
up forfeiting the cruise due to the lack of options?
Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
Joan
Old 07-12-2009, 08:09 AM

Just returned from a fabulous Alaska cruise on Royal Caribbean. Not
only did we have record high temps and no rain whatsoever, we won a
7-night Caribbean cruise for 2 at Royal Bingo!
Of course, there are several restrictions. It excludes major holiday
sailings, as well as June and July sailings, stateroom categories are
inside or outside, and it can be booked no earlier than 30 days prior
to sailing. We live in British Columbia, so our airfare will be fairly
costly.
Has anyone else won a cruise from the cruise line? With all the
restrictions, were you able to find a suitable cruise, or did you end
up forfeiting the cruise due to the lack of options?
Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
Joan
Old 07-12-2009, 08:18 AM

Hi Joan and welcome to Cruise-chat.

Congratulations on your fabulous Alaska cruise and your prize cruise! I've never won a cruise, but I'm sure you'll be able to travel on the free cruise. There are some times during the year that ships are less crowded than other times, such as the two weeks before Christmas and the end of August/beginning of September. But it's very possible that you can travel during other allowed times without a problem.

The airfare from BC will be significant, as you know, but flying to a free cruise makes it a decently priced vacation.

Do you have to take the cruise within any time period, like a year or two years?

Sandy
Old 07-12-2009, 08:40 AM

The cruise has to be taken within one year. Since June and July sailings are excluded, we're aiming for May 2010. We have one daughter in high school and one daughter starting university, so they have different school breaks. University ends in April. It means taking the younger one out of school for a week. We have never taken the girls out of school for a vacation (which is why we travel in July), but I think I'll break that policy this one time. The other options is to leave the girls at home while my husband and I take the cruise, but the younger one was playing the winning Bingo card, so it doesn't seem fair to leave her behind!

Joan
Old 07-12-2009, 09:03 AM

Nope.. can't leave the good luck charm at home! How knows.. maybe she can repeat!

Congratulations on your prize... I have tried for so many "free" cruises I probably could have paid for one with the entry fees..
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-13-2009, 10:23 AM

That is fantastic JoBon! I'm with Jim C., I've probably spent enough playing to pay for a cruise I wouldn't think of sailing without the lucky one on board. Wouldn't that be great if she did it again!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:42 AM

We also live in BC and the flight is expensive. It may be worth considering a back to back cruise, that is what we do, it makes the flight worthwhile and you get two whole weeks on the ship! Flying from Seattle or Spokane could save a few bucks too.

Closed Thread

Tags
bingo, caribbean, carribbean, carribean, cruise, norwegian, playing, prices, rccl, reviews, royal, scams, seas, serenade, won