Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2003, 05:50 AM

I was looking at the sunday paper yesterday and came across an add for Royal Caribbean cruises. They had a 7-day cruise to the Caribbean for over $400. I checked RC website and noticed a price in that range for specific dates. We really would like to go in the winter time. I did see a 7 night Western Cruise for $499 in the mid of Dec. I guess my question is would in be better to wait awhile and try to get last minute deals or considering booking a cruise soon for next winter?
Old 01-20-2003, 05:50 AM

I was looking at the sunday paper yesterday and came across an add for Royal Caribbean cruises. They had a 7-day cruise to the Caribbean for over $400. I checked RC website and noticed a price in that range for specific dates. We really would like to go in the winter time. I did see a 7 night Western Cruise for $499 in the mid of Dec. I guess my question is would in be better to wait awhile and try to get last minute deals or considering booking a cruise soon for next winter?
Old 01-20-2003, 02:49 PM

Danie, check out Carnival.com they have a ship called The Paradise it is the only non-smokeing ship in the usa. I took my first cruise the week of Dec 8-15th. I went to the Bahamas. I went to Nassau on Dec 9th, we were at sea Dec 10th, we went to San Juan on the 11th, I went to St.John/St.Thomas on the 12th and we were at sea Dec 13th and 14th and flew back to Alabama on the 15th. I had a great time. William
Old 01-23-2003, 07:39 AM

The cruise busienss is like any other Supply and Demand.If the cabins are not selling the price goes down, if they are selling the price goes up.Sounds simple doesnt it and it really is.If you wnat a specific ship with a specific cabin in peak season you should book early.You will still get a good discount and you know what you got.If you can travel in the off season and dont care about specific ships or cabins you can usually save alot of money.Keep in mind there is always someone on the ship who paid less or at least claims that they did.If you enjoyed yourself and feel you got a good value dont worry about this and have a wonderful time.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:44 PM

Be careful with who you book!!!

I booked a cruise a year ago with RCCL through icruise.com. Prices went down at RCCL. I called RCCL and they said "No problem, tell your travel agent and you will get the lower price".

Icruise.com said, too bad, so sad. You are within 71 days of cruising, no refund. Well I finally did get a refund ($370), but NEVER again through Icruise.com. Their quote "There will be no further compensation for price drops!".

Everyone knows that cruise prices go down towards the end. What's the incentive of booking with icruise.com? Poor pricing, bad attitude, headache.

If I book through Icruise, and the price drops at the cruise line within 71 days, I cannot get the lower price through Icruise even though I could get it if I booked at the cruise line directly.

Booking directly through RCCL would have been easier, or another travel agent. After all was said and done, the price I paid was the same as booking through RCCL. I thought on-line booking was supposed to be cheaper! Actually, it was a bit at first, but now that I know this, I will be avoiding icruise.com.

I booked a cruise at cruise.com a while ago, and they were much better. But I am not endorsing them either.

Closed Thread