Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2007, 10:03 PM
This question is really for the well expierienced cruisers amoung us. If you could pick-out the best expieriences from all the cruises you have been on and combine them together to make the perfect cruise (if there could ever be such a thing) what would it be like?

I will try to give you an example; although, I am still a begginer to cruising. I have only been on three cruises so far, so I will use what I have. Here goes:

My ship would be like the Carnival Glory (which I cruised on last year in Novemeber)

The ports of call would be Cozumel (which I visited on my cruise aboard the Carnival Inspiration in Oct. 2006), St. Thomas and St. Martin (which I visited both while cruising on the Glory)

The cabin would be like the one I had aboard the Glory (#10-04). The bed will be like the one I had aboard the Glory. My cabin steward will be Mihaelia, who was my cabin steward(ess) aboard the Glory.

For dinner, my appetizers would be the Chilled Sweetened Mango Soup which I had aboard the Inspiration. The caesar salad which I had aboard the Glory. The seafood Cocktail which I had aboard the Glory. For my entreés:
  • The NY strip steak I had on the Glory
  • The Salmon I had on R.C.s Sovereign/Seas (on my 1st cruise in Nov.2004).
  • The Prime Rib I had on the Glory[/list]My desserts will include:
    • The Chocolate Sufleé I had on the Sovereign
    • The Chocolate Melting Cake I had on the Glory
    • The Tiramisu I had on the Glory[/list]The wait staff in the dinning room would be Stefan and Luisa (both from Romania) who I had on the Inspiration.

The Lido dinning would be the Red Sail Restaurant which was on the Glory. All the other food options (Dinner Club,Sushi Bar, Grill, etc.) would also be the ones from the Glory.

The Midnight Dessert Gala (Dessert Buffet) will contain the desserts I had on the Sovereign, with the food art I saw on the Glory.

The evenings entertainment will be like what I saw on the Sovereign. With a few of the talents I saw on the Inspiration and Glory. Such as the russian dance couple of Svetlana and Demetri who amazed me on the Inspiration. The stand-up comedian I saw on the day#5 aboard the Glory (a guy from Tampa) who almost had me and everyone else rolling on the floor laughing so hard. The cruise director would be the one I had on the Inspiration (I think his last name was Roberts). He was this big burly guy. He would have to do that show where they did their version of the Blues Brothers and he did a dead-on performance as John Belushi's character, with the dance moves and everything.

Well... you get the picture. Let me hear your descriptions of past cruising expieriences, that when combined, would make the perfect cruise.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:43 AM

I just realized I need to take a Focus Factor. I can't remember all those details. It does sound like the Perfect Cruise
Old 07-22-2007, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Frase:
This question is really for the well expierienced cruisers amoung us. If you could pick-out the best expieriences from all the cruises you have been on and combine them together to make the perfect cruise (if there could ever be such a thing) what would it be like?
Basically what you mean is, re-live your best cruise. People do that on this site all the time. The perfect cruise is always the next one for me.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:50 AM
Banned

Right on Ken,I have great memories but terrific dreams.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Frase, you may be asking the wrong bunch. You may be able to remember all those details after three cruises but what about after thirteen?

Certain details of certain cruises stand out as extrodinary in my memory, but to reconstruct a whole cruise out of thirty+ years is just overwhelming.

I, like Ken and Bruce, prefer to spend my time looking ahead rather than back.

But you have an intriguing idea and a worthy exercise for some.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Maybe I did ask for too much?

Let me see if I can re-phrase the question.....

Ok....

This question is really for the well expierienced cruisers amoung us. If you could pick-out some of the best expieriences from all the cruises you have been on, please share them with us.

Once again, I will try to give an example:

• I liked one of the evenings shows on the cruise I took onboard the Carnival Inspiration back in Oct. 2005. It involved a stage production of the Blues Brothers movie. The cruise director who was a rather large man, did a great rendition of John Belushi's character; with all the dance moves and everything. He was probably the best cruise director I have had on my 3 cruises (so far). Although the other two were also very good.
  • I remember really enjoying one of the dinners I had on R.C.s Sovereign/Seas (Nov.2004). It included steamed Salmon; and for dessert Chocolate Sufflé
  • I remember really enjoying this so-called Chilled Sweetened Mango Soup which I had as an appetizer on the Inspiration.
  • The best wait staff I had on a cruise were the Romainian duo of Stefan and Luisa, while on the Inspiration. Luisa was the head waitress and Stefan, the assistant waiter.
  • I remember really being impressed with the food artwork (chocolate, ice, marzipan sculptures, etc.)during the so-called Midnight Dessert Gala on the Glory (Nov.2006). However, the best desserts I had were onboard the Sovereign during their midnight dessert gala.
  • One of the best Food and Beverage employees I encountered was this guy from India who worked at The Grille on board the Glory. He worked so fast, the lines were always short there. I don't know if I can remember his name...."Suhandar", or something similar to that.
  • I remember the most beautiful port of call I have been to (so far) was St. Thomas. I enjoyed seeing the celebrity homes and beautiful coastline and color of the sea. However, I did enjoy Cozumel more. Cozumel probably was my favorite port of call I have been to. Keep in mind I have only been on 3 cruises in my life.
  • My favorite shore excursion, so far, was the "5 Star to St. John" while in St. Thomas. I got onboard this boat called the Leylon Sneed, along with quite a few of my fellow passengers from the Glory. The trip to Trunk Bay was very nice. Trunk Bay itself was even better.
  • I remember really being impressed with this Classical Music string quintet from the Phillipines called the Rosario Strings. I think they were on the Sovereign of the Seas? I see what you mean about memories fading. Maybe I too need Focus Factor?
  • I do remember a rock band, also from the Phillipines, who were on the Glory. Their name was "Manila Rock". They were really good; especially if you could get past their Phillipino accents while singing such rock classics as "Hotel California".
  • I remember this russian dance couple named Demetri and Svetlana, who were part of the entertainment on the Inspiration (back in Oct.2005). They were amazing, seeming to defy gravity.
  • With regard to all the crewmembers: I have never encountered a bad crew member on my cruises (so far). Have I been lucky?
  • Seeing the sunset from the Viking Lounge observation deck on the Sovereign was really nice. I was surprised at how fast it really happens once the sun gets low enough to the horizon. [/list]
    Anyway, it doesn't have to be as long or detailed as what I have written. But it would be nice if you all could share some of the nicest memories you all had while on your cruises.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:48 PM

It is very hard to pick a favorite cruise or even a favorite aspect of a cruise. There was 1999 in Cozumel when I literally had to crawl back from the original Carlos and Charlies to the ship. 2001, cruising around the pitons off the coast of St. Lucia on the Booze Cruise and winning the beer drinking contest. Of course, hitting my only "hole in one" on the same trip at the Sandals resort on the island. Of course, everyone remembers the first time they boarded a mega ship and walked into the main foyer. WOW!! It's %$#@#@^ huge!! As far as a favorite cruise or even a favorite itenerary... Nahhhhh. They are all memorable.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:53 PM

Seeing Glacier Bay has to be way up there.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:38 PM
I forgot to mention that the memories I described, are not in any particular order of importance.

Once again, great photo, gdjoslin! So, is that Canon XT you use a digital camera or 35mm? Either way, I should consider purchasing a Canon for myself.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Never mind gdjoslin:

I just "Googled" the name of your camera. I found out it is a 10.1 Megapixel digital SLR camera. It's full name is:
Canon EOS400D Digital Rebel XTi

That will be the next camera I purchase, after I recover the money I spent on my cruises

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, describe, perfect, stefan