Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2005, 10:17 AM

Hello, I am interested in the panama canal trip that starts/ends in Santiago, Chile then transits the canal, and ends up usually in Florida. It is offered on NCL. I think it used to be offered by Celebrity, not sure though. My TA at AAA in Phoenix, said that NCL is "not one of our preferred cruise lines" and that she would book it for me only if I signed a waiver. She said "alot of things tend to happen, that we can't be responsible for." So of course, now I am thinking, can NCL be THAT bad. I do not know if the TA is on commision, & does not get paid if she books NCL. I have done RCI twice, and my 1st Princess in july, I am interested in trying other lines. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks, Lil. Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-23-2005, 10:17 AM

Hello, I am interested in the panama canal trip that starts/ends in Santiago, Chile then transits the canal, and ends up usually in Florida. It is offered on NCL. I think it used to be offered by Celebrity, not sure though. My TA at AAA in Phoenix, said that NCL is "not one of our preferred cruise lines" and that she would book it for me only if I signed a waiver. She said "alot of things tend to happen, that we can't be responsible for." So of course, now I am thinking, can NCL be THAT bad. I do not know if the TA is on commision, & does not get paid if she books NCL. I have done RCI twice, and my 1st Princess in july, I am interested in trying other lines. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks, Lil. Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-23-2005, 11:43 AM

I suspect the problem is that your AAA office is requiring their employees to sell only preferred suppliers, unless their client insists otherwise (in which case to "cover themselves" with the waiver). "Preferred" only means that the agency has a special agreement with a cruise line or vacation company, allowing the agency to offer special pricing on some trips, and also to get paid a little extra commission. It doesn't necessarily mean that there is something wrong with a non-preferred supplier.

Check the reviews for NCL on cruisereviews.com; those may help you decide whether you will be happy with NCL or not. (Bear in mind that more people want to express negative feelings than positive, so results may not be truly representative of the majority of cruisers!)

Sounds like a wonderfully unique and exotic itinerary you have chosen. Enjoy - whatever you decide!
Old 05-26-2005, 04:31 AM

Cruise Value Center,one of the largest on line cruise agencies,does not handle NCL bookings either.

Closed Thread

Tags
34677, aaa, aaanorwegiancruiserating, agency, cruise, cruiselines, doesnt, line, ncl, norwegian, preferred, recommend, supplier, ta, veternarian