Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by asmj:
What's the best time to cruise to Mexico? I'm talking about Baja or Riveria. We went to the Caribbean on Holland America. LOVED it! How does Mexico compare (as far as beaches)? Thank you!
I'm on the (HAL) Oosterdam next week - 7 days - San Diego, Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta. Will let you know. The Oosterdam is the largest HAL ship I will have sailed on so I'm anxious to see how it goes. I plan to spend the morning in Cabo with a real estate agent but I'll still have time to do a beach in the afternoon. Stay tuned - film at eleven!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:44 PM

Hey Chuck,

Sounds like a wonderful cruise. Hope you have a great one! I am hoping to cruise from the West Coast some day.

Dwayne
Old 12-06-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
We will be on the Pacific side. Is the water the pretty blue (like Caribbean) or blah blue like Southern California? (I live in California, so I'm allowed to say that.)
Beats the brown water here on the Gulf coast.

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-07-2007, 11:46 AM

We cruised the Mexican Riveria on RCCL Vision of the Seas at the end of Apr '06 and the weather was perfect. The water was a little green as compared to the crystal blue water in the caribbean but the temp. was just right. Book your cruise & enjoy!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-07-2007, 05:28 PM

Thank you to all for the great responses. I really appreciate it. I will definitely have to look into the Spirit cruise as well. If you think of anything else we should know, please share. ANY info is appreciated.

I've heard wonderful things about the Oosterdam. We were on the Westerdam in October and LOVED it. The ship was large, but not huge. It was a good size for wandering around without getting totally lost. We would consider HAL for Mexico if we weren't taking the kids. We have really well behaved children, but I just don't think HAL would be the best fit for them.

AllyGirl, did you like RCCL? What line are you using for your next trip (I see a counter for 4 mths 1 week)? Thanks!
Old 12-07-2007, 05:46 PM

Yes asmj we like RCCL. It is the cruise line we prefer. We've done some on Carnival but we always seem to migrate back to Royal. I think everyone has their own tastes. We are booked on Voyager of the Seas in April. RCCL has an excellent program for kids & teens. YOu said you are taking your kids? What ages if you don't mind my asking?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-08-2007, 09:21 PM

HELLO,

For those of you who want to see more of Mexico HAL has 10- day cruises to Mexico from San Diego. These cruises visit La Paz, Topolobampo (for Los Mochis and Copper Canyon) and Loreto. These are wonderful cities to visit because they retain some of the charm of old Mexico and yet, you see how quickly Mexico is becoming a much more prosperous country.

The 10 day cruises are really for travelers, that is, people who really like to see new ports rather than the vacationers who do not care about ports, culture, learning or anything other than food and suntanning.

Fred
Old 12-08-2007, 10:08 PM

My kids are 6 and 11.

I really want to see Copper Canyon, but I just can't pull the kids out of school for 10 days. I'm hoping to see all sorts of nifty places someday. The big plan is to somehow save up enough to do a world voyage when we retire. It doesn't hurt to dream.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:21 PM

I'm heading to the Mexican Riviera on an 8 day on the NCL Star on January 27th. I can't give much advice, but I heard February and March are great for whale watching around the Baja.
NCL Sun January 2002
NCL Majesty January 2006
NCL Dream October 2006
NCL Star January 2008
Old 12-23-2007, 09:54 AM

I was lurking around the internet last week and noticed a Dawn Princess itinerary that was 7 days. It is about the same price for all of us for a balcony on the Dawn for 7 days as the penthouse on Carnival Elation for the 5 day cruise. With the understanding that we don't know if our kids will get bored on a cruise, which would be better? My concern is that the Princess cabin is something like 195 sq ft and the penthouse is 300 something sq ft. We do spend a fair amount of time in our room. I believe the Elation is Cabo and Ensenada and the Dawn is...missing. It was on my desk, but I don't see it now. I believe PV, Cabo and something else, but I don't remember what. Sorry. They are both around the same time of year. I realize this is a totally subjective question, but most of you are WAY more experienced and can give me some insight into what we might enjoy more. Thanks!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, mexican, mexico, pacfic, pregreso, review, reviews