Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 12:42 PM

Well that just stinks for us ladies who have liquids that we need to bring, i.e. makeup, hairspray, hair gel, etc.
10/03 CCL Carnival Legend
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Add me as a friend on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/avenger1971
Old 05-21-2008, 12:53 PM

I think we're just beginning to see such charges. Today oil is up another $9 a barrel from yesterdays price. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to make some cut-backs to make up some of the price increases.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Administrator

I guess I need to start a garden. I have all these acres that are just wasted as a big yard around my house. Probably healthier too to grow my own.

Congress says they are going to sue OPEC. Now just how exactly do they plan to do that, and in what court? Meanwhile we have all the oil we need within our own borders and they won't let "big oil" drill for it.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:13 PM

$15 for the first bag, $25 for the second, but wait...$100 for the 3rd, 4th and 5th bag...who takes that much luggage? But, nearly everyplace has started charging a "processing fee" of some sort. I booked a reservation to a local outdoor amphitheater to see a great play , and they have started charging a $7.50 service fee to make your reservations, either on-line or on the phone....geeez. Who comes up with these charges? I guess I need to start charging some of my customers a fee for something I can make up!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Administrator

A service fee for booking a theatre ticket? That is really dumb. Those fees are meant to be imbedded in the cost of the play. To split them out is really an needless annoyance.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
Next up? I can easily see them saying that a standard airfare is for someone who weighs X pounds or less - probably 140 or so. Anyone over that will have to pay a dollar a pound surcharge. No rebates if you are under the limit, and you can't average it if, for example, you are flying with your family with two children.

Oh no! I've given them another idea!
I think they already looked at that idea a few years ago. Do you think we'll start seeing "clothing optional" on all ships and resorts?
Old 05-21-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
A service fee for booking a theatre ticket? That is really dumb. Those fees are meant to be imbedded in the cost of the play. To split them out is really an needless annoyance.
Ticketmaster's been doing that for years. Different surcharge rates if you order over the phone, or want to order and pick up tickets, and even a surchage if you do all the work yourself booking everything online and print out an electronic ticket. In December I needed four tickets to see TSO at the Sommet Center in Nashville. Ticketmaster wanted I think like $3.50 or $4.50 surcharge each ticket. I drove to downtown and got the tickets out of a kiosk with no surcharge. It was the principal! I can't stand Ticketmaster. They have a monopoly.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It was the principal! I can't stand Ticketmaster. They have a monopoly.
Obviously we don't see many shows or I'd know about this. So in essence they charge a fee to get a ticket? Outrageous!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Does AA think we are going to Alaska next month and hope to carry everything we need in our carry-ons?
Actually, we did that last summer on a Celebrity cruise to Alaska. It made it easier that, in the middle of July, we wore our heavy winter coats and hiking boots to the airport...

Sandy
Old 05-22-2008, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
quote:
Ticketmaster's been doing that for years. Different surcharge rates if you order over the phone, or want to order and pick up tickets, and even a surchage if you do all the work yourself booking everything online and print out an electronic ticket. In December I needed four tickets to see TSO at the Sommet Center in Nashville. Ticketmaster wanted I think like $3.50 or $4.50 surcharge each ticket. I drove to downtown and got the tickets out of a kiosk with no surcharge. It was the principal! I can't stand Ticketmaster. They have a monopoly.
just wanted to comment on ticketmaster...wanted to buy to tickets to a concert to surprise my husband but by the time I was done there was $51 dollars in service charges! the tickets were $75 a piece. I cancelled the order. I am tired of being nickled and dimed to death. It is one thing to be on a cruise and to make the decesion to order the special drink or get a spa treatment and to pay for the extra to cost but to have to pay for your luggage on a flight is crazy. I know I will be thinking twice about where I travel and to think my husband and I just applied for our first passports (ever). We were so excited about all the travel possbilties but this took the wind out of my sail. What next? The travel industry is making it too hard for us working folks to take a decent vacation! I have always liked AA but will be looking elsewhere. Probably more car trips. I live in Calif and have a lot of great places I can go and spend my vacation money on.

Closed Thread