Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Banned

Thank you f-mattox; I have enjoyed participating in the conversations, and throwing in my two cents worth every now and again. Plus, it's been a nice little diversion, helping me wait out the days until I'm goin' cruisin' again. I don't remember who posted it, but somewhere along this road, somebody said they were not comfortable unless they had a cruise pending. Well, I embrace that sentiment. Within a month or so of returning from our 4/1 cruise, we will have qualified for our second free cruise, and will be booking immediately upon receiving that certificate. Free is good!

As for you Chef Ken, I am sooooo musically challenged my kids INSIST that I not sing at ANY TIME. I was booted out of 7th grade band because I stunk up the place. I could'nt even play the triangle properly. I also got the booby prize (this is in no way a reference to the thong/topless thread on the Carnival site) for the worst Halloween mask in 5th grade...so, the trio of musicians might need to be a duo with a third guy there just to pretty up the stage!

Speaking of stages, my mom, rest her soul, used to tell me I should be on the stage....the first one outta town!
Old 03-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Administrator

I could join the act, playing the guitar and doing my infamous "Carl Douglas, a retrospective" act. (Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting from the 70's). Alternately I could bring my clarinet - something that I at least used to be quite good at playing. I tried teaching myself the soprano sax last year but gave up. No Kenny G here!
Old 03-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Actually I was thinking more along the lines of a comedy act than a musical act; I think there is some real wit here. I'm glad Dave is in--I thought he might be getting tired of our antics. I've done the music thing; I'm ready to move on; kind of like John Malkovich moving into puppetry.

All we need to do is get us all on the same ship at the same time with some of goin'cruisin's wine and look out.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Banned

Throw a tent over that circus!
Old 03-04-2007, 08:45 PM

goin'cruisin', You are on your way to Master Cruiser and you make a great contribution to the group.

f-mattox, I take it that perhaps you are a guitarist but something tells me that you play other instruments.

I do not play a tuba or a bagpipe but the five-string banjo and the bluegrass that features it is my "thing." However, as far as appreciation of music, jazz, blues, classic rock, and classical in no particular order. Olle Como Va, Que lindo...(say hello to my little friend), Santana.

The toughest part of that comedy scenario is simply to get us all on the same ship! Dave, where we going?
Old 03-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Banned

Chef Ken, thank you, as well, for the "atta boy." But, here again, as my wise father (rest his soul) used to always tell me "Son, a pat on the back is only six inches above a kick in the butt." In other words, don't let it go to your head. Humility is a great thing.

Think of the possibilities...the four of us and our spouses/significant others combining as a team in RCL's "The Quest."

27 days and counting....
Old 03-05-2007, 12:06 AM
Chef Ken, no, guitar is not my instrument, although I have tried a little finger pickin' on an old Epiphone 12 string of mine;
so I have the deepest respect for anyone who can play a 5 string banjo. I've worked with guys that play 6 string banjos but play 'em just like guitars and that just is not cool--unless it's Neil Young doing it.
Piano is my main ax; but I've worked professionally on drums and bass guitar and upright bass. Funny thing is, I was a trombone major in college but hardly ever played it once out of school. But it's what got me my first gig with Princess (I had to work cruising in here someplace); they needed somebody who could play bass, drums and trombone--a pretty unusual double.
I like all the same kinds of music; my passions are 50's era be-bop and early romantic classical (hence my avatar of the mighty Ludwig van).
O.K., scratch the comedy: we go to sea and give seminars; Dave on all things nautical; goin'crusin'on wine; me on music and you on gastronomy. Are we a mutual admiration society or what?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:59 AM

I think we have the makings of being the judges on a "reality show" (oxymoron) about cruising! Owner's suites for all of us!

Closed Thread

Tags
channel, city, cruise, cruises, floating, great, order, residensea, reveiws, ship, ships, shows, today, travel