Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2006, 04:27 AM

My question is do you barter for itmes in the eastern Caribbean like you do in the western? I never cared for that system, but if you did not do it you were charges way too much. What about CoCo cay, are their prices firm or do we negotiate? Any help would be appreciated I leave Sunday and would like some info.
Thanks
Old 08-02-2006, 07:31 AM

St. Thomas and St. Maarten will negotiate some. Coco Cay is their private island, so I doubt you can do much negotiation there. Have a wonderful cruise and may Chris stay away from your destinations!
Old 08-03-2006, 12:18 PM

Yes, I've done bartering on every island I'm pretty sure, and definately no bartering on Coco Cay. Have a great time there, went there last Jan, loved it, found a hammock and read a book. There's an area far to the right of the back beach accross the other side of the island where no one goes, very nice, past the inflated slide. I didn't go down there, noticed it too late, but it sure looked nice. That beach side was prettier than where most of the people were. Hope you have a great time, when are you going and on which ship?
Old 08-03-2006, 12:35 PM

Scott Taylor,
Thanks for the info. We will be on the Mariner this Sunday 8-6. We have been on once before on the western tour, but this is our first Eastern tour. We love the ship and will have two of our children this time. They are looking forward to that inflatable slide you were talking about.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:53 PM

Hi scott,
I was just reading about your visit to CocoCay. We got back from there in July 06'. The place you are speaking about really 'is' gorgeous. The air did not match the beauty by far.
My husband and I decided to take a walk down that way to get away from everyone for a bit. I don't know if it was just that one time or what but it smelled soooo bad. Like sewer bad.;-( We kept walking(about 2 blocks) thinking it would pass and it never did. Another thing that was odd was the way the sand felt there too. I really can't describe it except being like wet masa. Good description from a woman, eh.LOL It didn't feel to good between my toes anyway. I finally just HAD to leave because I had no shoes with me. Scared of getting something. I am a girley girl admittedly but not 'that' girly. I don't mind getting dirty. This wasn't getting dirty though. This was just disgusting. The whole rest of the beach was fine except for that area.

Maybe it was just that one day. This was my first cruise and was the only bad experience I had on it. I can't wait to go back again.;-)

Closed Thread

Tags
bartering, beachside, cay, coco, maarten, massage, negotiating, prices, st, thomas