Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2006, 04:54 PM

I am from NC and plan to take an alaskan cruise next summer. I willdefinitly get a balcony cabin but which should i get,portside or starboard. Also so i go north or south. I plan to be on land for a couple ofdays before or after the cruise. Should that be Vancover ot Ankorage? Carnival Spitit or Princess>

thanks for ya'lls help
Rosemary
Old 09-02-2006, 07:37 AM

It really doesn't matter if you are port or starboard. The Inside Passage is a more expansive body of water than people vision. If the ship stops in Glacier Bay it will face the Glacier for have the day and thenthe Captain turns the ship for the other half. Some people like to do the land first so they can relax for seven days after on the cruise. Others prefer doing the land after. The Southbound cruise is slightly higher in price because it is more popular. You really should talk with a cruise oriented Travel Agent. Alaska has so many combinations of cruise/land tours. Some spend more time on motorcoach, some more on train. This is why you should sit down and talk with an agent. You need to do it now. Alaska is a short season, and the balcony cabin sell fast. Some sailings are already heavily booked.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:19 PM

thanks for the info. It helped.

we are booking monday

Rosemary

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, cruise, reviews, summer