Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2006, 07:03 PM

I sailed Disney Wonder in 2002, had a stateroom w/ not even a porthole and felt pretty queasy the whole trip. We are sailing Enchantment of the Seas, RCCL, June 10, w/ a balcony, and im wondering, will this help me not feel so nauseous being able to see out this time, or make it worse?
Old 05-16-2006, 05:40 AM

Mostly depends on how rough the seas are. If you don't have a cabin located near the center of the ship you'll probably feel the same no matter if you have a balcony or a window. I'd suggest wearing a patch. Good luck...
Old 05-16-2006, 07:43 AM

I was wondering about seasickness, so we booked our room direct with Carnival so I could get one close to the middle. We did not do "guarantee" so I could actually pick the exact room we wanted...as near the middle on the Upper deck. We took Bonine (free on board) once a day and never got the least bit sick, not even a hint of being sick. I believe the Bonine helped, but our ride was smooth with no big waves.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:07 AM

Hi Rodney,
In case you didn't know, you can book an exact cabin with any travel agent too. My agent gets me an aft cabin if available, or a bump out. We usually book while on a cruise ship. That way we get a $100 on board credit. My travel agent still gets the credit for the booking.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:24 AM

Hi sonnyv. Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, we don't have any travel agents in our area (small town) even though I could find one anywhere.(It probably helps to know them personally) so I am dependent on the internet and "do it myself" for my travel arrangements, ie. airlines, etc. So far, I have had good luck, but I will probably need a good travel agent in the future.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, porthole, seasick