Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 10:49 PM

mob, I'm so excited for you to be going on your first cruise! After even one cruise, you'll have special memories to share. You've worked hard for this cruise. Enjoy!

Sandy
Old 03-20-2007, 06:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':
Thanks for correcting me on the times of sunset and sunrise; I was there in July. Besides that, I'm really time and spatially disoriented.

So you take a late afternoon nap, eat a big meal, and take in the sunset and sunrise in the same sitting. NOW THAT'S A MEMORY! Oops, sorry Cheffy, I'll stop yelling.

It's okay, I'm a little hard of hearing anyway. At least that's what my dear wife tells me. At least you are aware when you are driving with your foot on the brake.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:12 PM

We booked a mini-suite with a balcony. So, hopefully we will get to enjoy some beautiful sunsets!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:37 PM

My greatest memory really isnt that old. My mom and I took a cruise together to Alaska this year and then spent a week with family in Anchorage. My mother survived 2 nearly fatal heart attacks in 1998 and is on oxygen now all the time. We had to go through a special agency to handle the oxygen but I would do it again. It was a job, as I had to push a wheelchair everywhere we went. My husband stayed home so it was mom and I. I will treasure those memories forever as I dont know how long I will have my mom. We lost my dad 5 years ago to cancer. I know he was with us on the cruise though. I have our photos taken on the ship in 3 different rooms in the house.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:19 AM

Been on 5 cruises and have many great memories. On our very 1st cruise (Carnavil - Tropicale) the seas were rocking and rolling and we wondered if we had done such a great thing after all!

But, the seas calmed and we were hooked.

Several years ago we took a cruise with my parents on the Rhapsody (sp). In Aruba, we took the off-road jeep tour. My dad forgot his license so I had to do all the driving. Now, this was years ago, and these jeeps had seen many a better day. I was last in line and had the worse jeep, it kept jumping in and out of 4 wheel drive and would stall in many an outragous position, tilting over rocks, etc. By the time the tour ended, we were in our 3rd jeep, and the last one just barely made it back to the ship. It was a histerical adventure. The tour company had plenty of jeeps and we generally laughed through it all. I'll never forget as we drove back to the ship our jeep making the most god awful banging noises as we drove over the roads. I don't know exactly what pieces we left behind, but it was as clear as the trail of breadcrumbs left by Hansel and Gretel.

From that trip alone I'll never forget:
The personal tour we had through the rain forest in San Juan
America's Cup Yacht racing in St Maarten (if you have the chance, do this, it was awesome)
The beautiful color and warm beaches of Curacao
Just playing cards in the Solarium
Drinking Coco-Locos (funny aside - my dad could never remember the name of this drink, by the end of the cruise he was calling them locomotives. However, when he ordered a "locomotive" thing, he always got the right drink!)

That is just from one cruise!

Dolby1000 (Dave)
16 days to Brillance of the Seas and the Panama Canal!

Closed Thread

Tags
cameron, cruising, park, waco