Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2003, 06:20 AM

I'll be going on a Western Caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks. Ports of Calls are Cozumel, Grand Caymen, Costa Maya and Princess Cays. I know that when we visited the Southern & Eastern Ports of calls on our other cruises, we did not book excursions from the ship but had no trouble booking many great excursions through the locals. I'm wondering if these Western Ports of Calls are the same. We mostly enjoy tours of the island. Any comments / tips would be helpful & appreciated. Thank You.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:20 AM

I'll be going on a Western Caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks. Ports of Calls are Cozumel, Grand Caymen, Costa Maya and Princess Cays. I know that when we visited the Southern & Eastern Ports of calls on our other cruises, we did not book excursions from the ship but had no trouble booking many great excursions through the locals. I'm wondering if these Western Ports of Calls are the same. We mostly enjoy tours of the island. Any comments / tips would be helpful & appreciated. Thank You.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:24 AM

rh,
Since you nave booked some tours "off" the ship in the Eastern Caribbean, you will find the western is no different. The main thing to remember is the Caymen Is. stays on Standard Daylight Time and that can be confusing for some.

Stan
Old 03-06-2003, 01:35 PM

Hey, that sounds like the exact same itinerary we have been looking at! So who knows, we might be on the same ship! LOL

Be sure to read cruisereviews.com -- i know they're actually about the cruises but a lot of the comments are about the ports, shore excursions, tips on various local things, etc. What a great site! Well, you probably already know the site, i'm just excited because i found it about 3 days ago and have been reading obsessively
Old 03-07-2003, 12:17 PM

Just wanted to say thank you for responding. I guess if I had no problems booking through the locals in any of the other islands I've visited I should be okay. I am so looking forward to the cruise!

Closed Thread