Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2003, 05:57 PM

Tom & Mary:

My wife and I (30 somethings) are cruising for the first time aboard the ms Zaandam out of Pt Canaveral on 11-15-03 for a 7nt Western Caribbean cruise. We're stopping in Cozumel, Georgetown, Montego Bay, and Half Moon Cay.

We have read several of your postings and taken several of your tips on tipping and others. We are certain we will overpack for this trip especially since we are driving from Atlanta to Pt Canaveral. We aren't very formal people so we will take part in the first formal night and assess whether we will participate in the second formal evening or just do our own thing.

If you have any suggestions, further tips, or words of encouragement, please feel free to post them here or drop us a note at wilsonbd_spamfree@mindspring.com
Old 10-21-2003, 05:57 PM

Tom & Mary:

My wife and I (30 somethings) are cruising for the first time aboard the ms Zaandam out of Pt Canaveral on 11-15-03 for a 7nt Western Caribbean cruise. We're stopping in Cozumel, Georgetown, Montego Bay, and Half Moon Cay.

We have read several of your postings and taken several of your tips on tipping and others. We are certain we will overpack for this trip especially since we are driving from Atlanta to Pt Canaveral. We aren't very formal people so we will take part in the first formal night and assess whether we will participate in the second formal evening or just do our own thing.

If you have any suggestions, further tips, or words of encouragement, please feel free to post them here or drop us a note at wilsonbd_spamfree@mindspring.com
Old 10-21-2003, 07:45 PM

I loved the Margueritaville in Montego Bay and think it is one of the best bars I have ever been to. If you like to party, don't miss it.

Gwen

Cruising is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gwen:
I loved the Margueritaville in Montego Bay and think it is one of the best bars I have ever been to. If you like to party, don't miss it.

Thanks for the advice, Gwen.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:35 PM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Tekman,

We just returned from a cruise and are still unpacking. Will answer your post tomorrow.

Warm regards,
Tom & Mary

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)
Old 11-03-2003, 04:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tom & Mary:
Tekman,

We just returned from a cruise and are still unpacking. Will answer your post tomorrow.

Warm regards,
Tom & Mary

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)

No problem, Tom & Mary. Thank you for even entertaining the question(s) before the weekend. We are packing slowly but surely ourselves so ... we appreciate your time. Hope you enjoyed your latest cruise. I am sure everyone will be looking forward to your latest review.

Bill & Jo
Old 11-04-2003, 06:01 AM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Bill & Jo,

Thank you for your kind words, they are most appreciated.

We will give you our favorite things to do, but for a full in-depth report of the ports your interested in, we suggest you go to Tom Ogg's PortReviews.com page. You will find a comprehensive report of each of these ports and also some cruiser reviews.

Cozumel, a must: You can now find everything you could possibly want to buy at the new shopping center at the end of the Carnival pier, close to where your ship will dock. It is a huge shopping area and the merchants do not hassle you, like they do downtown. If you want a very nice place to have lunch, make sure you stop by Pancho's Backyard. Besides a delicious Mexican lunch You will be entertained by a duo playing the Marimba's.

How to get a free Margarita at Panchos: Go to the Los Cinco Soles web-site and print the page and present it at Pancho’s when you go there for lunch. A copy of the page is a coupon for a free Margarita. The page address is: http://www.loscincosoles.com/loscincosoles/coupons.htm Print a page for each one that is having lunch.

Grand Cayman: If you want to swim,7 Mile Beach is perfect with lots of pure white sand and crystal clear tropical water.

A Grand Cayman must, is a visit to Stingray City.

Half Moon Cay: Is with out a doubt one of the most beautiful, pristine beachs, in all of the Caribbean. If we had our druthers, we could of stayed there for the entire week.

Montego Bay: (exerpt from Port Reviews) Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville sets the standard for Caribbean party bars. This three story structure sits right on the ocean and is a daily scene of fun and party. There are actually several bars, Jacuzzis on the third deck with their own bar and a water slide that actually drops 4 stories and catapults you into the ocean. Warning, the water slide is not the same as you would find at a family water park and is not for the faint of heart. Margaritaville is FUN!

If we can be of any further help, let us know.
Warm regards,
Tom & Mary

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)

Closed Thread

Tags
honeymooners, party