Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 08:51 AM

Can anyone help please?
We have just returned from our first cruise with Princess - wonderful. We live in north wales, not so wonderful the flight & delay in Heathrow Airport. Does anyone know of a direct flight to Florida perhaps Orlando & then a connecting flight to Miami, we could not go from Heathrow again it was horrendous.
Many thanks
Alison
Old 04-25-2007, 08:12 AM

Hi Alison.

You can fly from Manchester to Miami with American Airlines, changing at Boston or Chicago, or with Delta, changing at Atlanta.

I have always found Princess helpful with flights... once you have your confirmation you can phone them and they will try to change things.

Alternatively, why not book into the Servisair lounge at Heathrow (Terminal 3)... about 20 or so with free snacks and drinks. That makes Heathrow much easier to cope with.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:15 AM

Princess also does a cruise out of Barbados, and I believe there is a direct flight to Barbados. I did some searching, and you could connect through Orly or Charles De Gaulle as well.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:07 AM

Thank you Meldrew of the seas.
My sister is in a wheechair & we did the service air lounge in Heathrow only the porter said he could not leave her with a wheelchair so she had to sit in an ordinary chair for 3 hours without access to a wheelchair - no bathroom as she can only take a couple of steps.
I think that this is against her rights as a disabled person, we can not do Heathrow again i think maybee a change of flight in the states is better because they are more geared up to wheelchairs.
Thanks again
Alison
Old 04-26-2007, 01:11 AM

Thanks Penny 3333 i will look into Charles de Gaulle they will only give us approximate times yet as we are looking at next April 2008, but as you know when you have done one cruise you cannot wait to book another.
Thanks again
Alison

Closed Thread