Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 06:38 AM

We have a choice of two cruises - your opinions?
Leaving Baltimore for the Caribbean in Nov/Dec. for 12 nights (the longest we've been on has been 7 nights)
Enchantment of the Seas (RC)
or
Mercury (Celebrity, before it leaves)
Inside Cabin probably.

We have sailed on Celebrity Millenium (loved it). Enjoyed the wine pairings, cooking class on the ship. We have sailed Carnival (Valor and Fantasy). We seem to be ok with older ships, as long as the bed is good. We're in our 40's and no children.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:47 AM
knittinAddict,
I have been on both. I took the Mercury on a 9 day Caribbean in Feb. I thought everything was very good. I had lunch on the Enchantment here in Norfolk on her last time pulling out of here to Bermuda. We got a tour and it was very nice too. I might have to flip a coin. I did see the inside cabin on the enchantment and it was very nice, can't say how the bed was. This is a tough one.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 08-02-2010, 07:17 AM

Thanks for your thoughts - I appreciate it!
One other question - On the Celebrity Millenium, I loved sitting on the Promenade walkways in a lounge chair, looking out at the water. However, on the Carnival - no seating on these walkways, other than a metal storage bench. I'm curious on these 2 boats if there is a place to sit & read (away from the pool and being outside with a view of the water).
Old 08-02-2010, 10:05 AM

Celebrity is considered the more upscale sister of Royal Caribbean. The two cruise lines are similar in some ways, but Celebrity, to my mind, is still the more elegant if slightly subdued sibling.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:52 PM

I've been on the Enchantment, and she's a wonderful ship! She was "stretched" I think in 2005. The interior rooms are nice on it, as that is what I was in.

Not quite sure what you mean about being away from the pool to read outdoors, but the only place I can recall is the deck above the pool deck. That is an open deck and also has deck chairs on it. Besides that, I'm not sure there was anything else.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 08-03-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
However, on the Carnival - no seating on these walkways, other than a metal storage bench. I'm curious on these 2 boats if there is a place to sit & read (away from the pool and being outside with a view of the water).
Hi KnittinAddict, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

You are absolutely correct that most of the Carnival ships don't have seating in these areas. It is a lot of wasted and rarely used space. I've often felt like carrying a chair up there myself for a quiet place to read.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:06 AM
The Mercury did have lounge chairs on some of the other decks other than the pool area. I did see a lot of people go to these areas to read or take a nap. On the very back of the ship there is also a very nice spot with deck chairs on the right and left of the ship to sit right under the Sea Grill on deck 9. I also saw deck charis on other decks like the deck that had the life boast cant remember which deck that was but we sat out there one day.

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Tags
celebtity, enchantment, mercury, seas