Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: What is your Favorite Dining Arrangement?
Traditional Dining - Early 26 32.10%
Traditional Dining - Late 36 44.44%
Freestyle or Personal Choice Dining 19 23.46%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2005, 11:24 AM

Old 07-11-2005, 06:17 AM

Not having been on a cruise yet, I didn't feel like I could vote - but we decided to choose late seating - so it looks like I selected the most popular option.
John
Old 07-16-2005, 03:15 PM

I would love to see more results or thoughts on this subject so thought that I would post a response just to get it back into view.
Sandy
Old 07-16-2005, 08:22 PM

We did early dining. I liked the sit down atmosphere of formal dining...although i would have been just as happy with something off of a buffet. We chose early dining b/c it was our first cruise and we didn't know what the evening shows were timed like and didn't want to miss anything. Early dining gave us plenty of time to eat, change and we went ot the 8:00-10:00 shows then went back to the room ..let the teens run around a little while i got our 5 yr old to bed..then they came back and "babysat' her sleeping while we went to the 12;00 shows. Worked out great for us.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 07-17-2005, 01:53 AM

We also prefer early seating.

Ok, sometimes when you come back from a shore excursion you have to hurry up, to take a shower, dress up.

But you are ready with your wonderful dinner around 8 pm. If you like, watch a show or going to one of the bars, take a drink, listening to the piano player or have nice conversations.

And around 11 pm Im almost so tired, I need my sleep, because I stand up every morning about 5.30 am to go for some walking rounds and see the sunset.

So, this is perfect for us.

Marita

Old 07-17-2005, 04:36 PM

We too love the early dining and was surprised to find out that on our next cruise there was no more available tables for that time. We are only a party of two so found that kind of funny. They told us to check with the head waiter the first night and ask to be switched. I just like to eat early when there is that much food available. They say the average weight gain is a pound a day......Yikes

No more Huggies and Hamburger Helper...The Boys are in college.... So lets go have some fun!!

Monarch Of The Seas
Mexico Cruise
August 2003

Enchantment Of The Seas
New England
September 2005
http://www.myspace.com/thiakaren

Old 07-18-2005, 11:30 AM

I really liked the early dining option. Even without kids, I would still do this. I liked having dinner over by 7ish and having the whole evening ahead of me for shows, entertainment, wandering, coffee drinks, etc.
I seem to remember that late dinner seating gave me a feeling of rushing out to catch the last show. I don't remember doing a whole lot after the last show other than the midnight buffets which are mostly a thing of the past.

Campermom
Old 07-25-2005, 03:27 PM

One of my favorite cruise pleasures is lingering over a late dinner. From there I take a wonderful stroll on the deck and then maybe on to some late night entertainment - but more ofen than not, return to my cabin.
Ruth
Old 07-25-2005, 03:40 PM

Ruth,

I have to agree. That's a wonderful way to round up a day on a cruise ship. However, if open seating is offered, I tend to dine somewhat earlier than the usual second sating, at approx. 7.30 to 8 p.m.

But a stroll on deck after dinner is a must for me.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-04-2005, 11:46 AM

Ruth and Raoul,
I, too, love to end the evening with a stroll around the deck. Actually late seating is a relatively new treat for me, since I had to wait for my children to be old enough to appreciate eating dinner later.
Sandy

Closed Thread