Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2006, 11:49 AM

Hello;

Can anyone give me information on how they found a transatlantic cruise, both east and westbound and pros and cons of either?

Thanks very much.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Administrator

I've done just one transatlantic, and it was westbound. Hopefully, someone will come along soon and give the eastbound perspective.

In our case, it was a crossing without any ports of call. It was 6 nights, and as there was a 5-hour time difference between Southampton UK and New York US, we set our clocks back by one hour before going to bed on 5 of the 6 nights. I enjoyed having an extra hour on these occasions... I could go to bed a little later than usual, wake up a little earlier than usual, and still have a good night's sleep.

There were many activities during the day, from sedentary to active. I never became bored on this crossing. At the same time, I never felt rushed to do anything.

Which ship and itinerary are you considering?
Old 11-26-2006, 03:36 PM

We have done east and westbound transatlantic 14 day cruises. We prefer the westbound. Not only do you get those extra hours of sleep or play, you also get the long transatlantic flight out of the way in the beginning of your vacation and get the rest relaxation and pampering the remainder.
Have a great time,
cheryl
Old 11-29-2006, 05:38 AM

Thank you so much LisaP and Cheryl for your insights--very much appreciated.

I'm in the midst of finalizing my eastbound itinerary in the spring on Brilliance of the Seas which will visit ports in Portugal and Spain.

I would liked to have tried the westbound journey this year too but we have our sights set on another european cruise in the fall (I've been wanting to go to Venice for a long time).

Thanks again!

Closed Thread

Tags
acticites, adventure, atlantic, cons, cruise, cruises, pros, reviews, seas, ship, trans, transaltantic, transatlantic, translantic, trasnatlantic, ways, westbound