Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2006, 11:32 PM

Dave,

One day at a time, and keep faith.

You will soon be able to to teach a class on that

Best to you and family,

Dwayne
Old 10-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Administrator

God is good. Today my wife stood up for the first time in almost three weeks. It wasn't for long, but she did it. Considering her substantial injuries, it was remarkable. She is off the ventilator and the greatest trauma surgeon in the world, who happened to be on duty when she was flown to the hospital, told me that he saw little reason for her to stay in ICU beyond this weekend. Indeed, he may move her to a regular room by Sunday, and then on to rehab sometime next week.

Prayer works. You just have to believe in it.

Thank you all for helping us get to this point. The road ahead is much brighter now.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:05 PM
It's great to hear that your wife's doing better Dave. We'll keep praying for her speedy recovery. Like you said, god is good. I'll bet she's going to be joining you on your next cruise.
-Tanya
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 10-06-2006, 06:30 PM

That is absolutely wonderful news Dave! My family call these sort of times "bonding exeriences"! Soon you will be on your cruise and reminiscing about what got you through to that point!
Old 10-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Dave, that is great news. Give our best to Vanessa We are sure she will be happy putting ICU behind her. As someone said, one step at a time and this is a giant one.

Fast dancing is the second best form of exercise,
slow dancing leads to the first!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:23 PM

Hi Dave That is wonderful. The will to live and survive is very powerful. Did she have surgery for her pelvic fracture? Usually I have seen, they just heal themselves. They tend to bleed alot, and require blood transfusions. What about the Halo, didn't you say she had to wear one?? Well, as I tend to say, "it could always be worse". Thank goodness she did not have any head bleeds, that is deep trouble. Hang in there Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Dave, this is wonderful news. Thoughts and prayers continue to all of you.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:35 AM

Dave, this is indeed wonderful news!! You must be elated! What a terrible thing emotionally for you to see your wife suffer as she has, and how fantastic she is healing like she is! I know the love and encouragement you have given her has brought her this far! God is good! He hears our prayers, and will carry you both through this! Hang in there...our prayers for your family continue!
Old 10-07-2006, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Lori:
Did she have surgery for her pelvic fracture? Usually I have seen, they just heal themselves. They tend to bleed alot, and require blood transfusions. What about the Halo, didn't you say she had to wear one??
No surgery for the pelvis, just letting it heal by itself. She does have a halo for the C2 fracture - has to wear it for another 10 weeks or so. She needed several units of blood over the past three weeks. She also has an annoying future ahead with TSA, thanks to the plate and screws in her arm. But this is all perfectly fine with her! As you say, it could be worse. She has no issues with the brain or spinal cord.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:18 AM

Dave, since Jim C is always needling me about this, I'm doing my prayer dance for Vanessa. It's wonderful news and God is Great!! Maybe you could sneak in some country ham and grits, with biscuits. I know all of you are ready for her to come home and soon, she'll be there. Thank you for taking time to keep us posted. May this week be better than last!!

Closed Thread

Tags
1999, mercury, new, radiance, zealand