Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 04:00 PM
I like to start preparing my luggage as early as possible for a cruise. I don't know if you would considering it packing. I have this plastic box; it is short but long and wide and slides under my bed. I will go on another cruise in November and already I am starting to fill the box with things I will take on my cruise. Already, I am looking for things in the stores that might be useful to take on my cruise. If I do find and purchase something, it will end-up in this box. Before long I will bring my suitcase down from the attic, dust it off and change the name tag to show the name of this ship and the sail dates of this cruise in November.

I was wondering if anyone else here starts preparing for their upcoming cruises as early as I do?

If so, it would be nice to also hear what you do to prepare for a cruise.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:08 PM
I never unpack.

Just wash the underwear, and I'm ready to go again.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Banned

Ken,by any chance did you leave a pair of red boxers in the dryer on the Liberty?
Old 07-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Banned

Boxers or briefs?
Old 07-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Banned

Some type of generic red undergarment. (brief-boxers)(boxers briefs),hard to tell...
Old 07-10-2007, 04:45 PM

I too have a rubbermaid tote container that I use to hold onto "things to take on my cruise." I started accumulating stuff right after I booked my last cruise which was 3 or 4 months b4 the cruise. Since I am going on another cruise in September, what I did this time was to keep my "Amenity's Bag" packed. That is a canvas tote that holds toiletries, etc. The only things I took out were things that might not stay good for a few months, i.e. toothpaste and deordorant.

I have read on these boards where people have actually packed their suitcases months in advance. I usually will actually pack my suitcase the week before the cruise but I will start to separate the clothes I am taking with me and whatnot a couple of weeks in advance. This way, I won't make the mistake of wearing something that needs to be clean and ready for me to pack.

Now as I go along, as I come across little items that I want to take that I know I won't use before the cruise, I just stick it in my suitcase which sits on the floor in my closet. That way, I don't have to worry about forgetting anything obscure but important.

Happy Cruzin'

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 07-10-2007, 04:51 PM

Im packing for 7-08 already, just kidding. Just kind of depends. If I buy new things for the trip, I pack them up so I dont wear them beforehand.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:02 PM
I start gathering what I need a couple of weeks ahead. I actually start packing a day or two before.

Most of the things that "always go" stay in the suitcase.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 07-10-2007, 11:48 PM

About 3 days ahead I start the packing. I get the organizing going a few weeks ahead as well.

The strangest thing, and I am pretty sure but not certain that Jim C. said this first a long while back....about his Dog.

The pets, Dogs and Cats start flipping out when you bring the suit cases out! They know what it means and they start acting weird and giving sad looks.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 PM
That's why I never put mine away.

It totally confuses them; they never know if I'm comin' or goin'.

Closed Thread

Tags
advance, ahead, carnival, cruise, dont, early, fascination, imagination, luggage, pack, packing, reafy, splendor, start, things, weeks