Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Congratulations on the booking! How nice that you're returning to the place you honeymooned 20 years ago.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:01 PM

I called RCI today and asked about a table for two, but the TA said there were no such tables. Was he mistaken or is that the case on the Empress?
Old 01-26-2006, 06:19 PM

Jeannie, if you called Royal Caribbean direcly and the reservations agent told you there are no tables for 2 on the Empress, I guess he knows what he's talking about. You could try calling again and asking someone else. If that's the case, I suggest asking for a large table, so there is more of a chance of connecting with other people you like. If you end up at a table for 4 and, for some reason, don't like the other couple, just ask the maitre d' when you leave to be switched to another table for the next night.

In any case, when you get on the ship, you should go talk to the maitre d' and tell him it's a special anniversary, and ask him if arrangements can be made to have a table for 2. There may be one or two tables set aside for just that purpose.

Just as an aside, I've had the experience, as have many of my clients, of sitting at a table I didn't think I'd like, only to make lifelong friends with others sitting there. You may find that you look forward to dinner to connect with your tablemates, tell them what you did that day and hear their stories as well. Having compatible tablemates can really enhance your cruise experience.

Sandy
Old 01-27-2006, 03:27 PM

I think I'll go with your advice, Sandy. I'm sure we will enjoy meeting other people while we are on board and chatting over dinner. We are thinking of doing 1 romantic dinner on shore, just the 2 of us, while in Bermuda, so the other nights will be fun sitting with others.

I hope we don't dislike our tablemates enough to as for another table. That would be an uncomfortable situation, wouldn't it?
Old 01-27-2006, 05:00 PM

As for asking to be moved from your table because you do not enjoy the company....who paid for the cruise? YOU DID...not your table mates. Move if you feel the need to.

We have enjoyed all of our new friends from cruising. we keep in contact via email and are trying to hook up on another cruise.

Enjoy RCCL, smaller ships are better for crowds, but the larger RCCL ships have more amenities.

enjoy, I hope you get into cruising and take your kids. They will remember it for a life time. What a great way to get the family closer together.

cruise on..

Explorer 02-06
Mariner of the Seas
with the boys
Old 01-27-2006, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I hope we don't dislike our tablemates enough to as for another table. That would be an uncomfortable situation, wouldn't it?
Jeannie, if you want to change tables, don't give it another thought. People do it all the time, and the maitre d' is very diplomatic. He knows what to say and no one feels awkward. It could be that two other people will move into your places and the maitre d' will just explain that they didn't like their former tablemates!

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
20th, anniversary, bermuda, burmuda, carnival, cruise, kings, reviews, wharf, year