Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2004, 07:58 PM

Last cruise I took ( Booked 4 months ago) They just took my info over the phone. Never any problem. This agent took my CC# over the phone for my deposit, no problem. Now its time to pay for the balance of the trip and I am having to jump through hoops. She is requesting a copy of my card, front and back and a copy of my drivers licence. I was not particulary comfortable with that, so when I recieved by email her final bill, I mailed a check for the group insurance a copy of her invoice with my CC number, 3digit code and expireation date Authorizing the appropriate amount to be charged and my Signature. She called to say she needed a copy of the card for auditing purposes (not sure what that is) and would I please fax it. So against my better judgement I did. She just emailed me to tell my she couldnt read it and to please make a better copy and to write the number on it. Am I making a fuss over nothing? Or does she really need this? We have a group booking the hooked up with her through a group of friends and I belive she is cruising with us. I dont understand why the hassel.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:58 PM

Last cruise I took ( Booked 4 months ago) They just took my info over the phone. Never any problem. This agent took my CC# over the phone for my deposit, no problem. Now its time to pay for the balance of the trip and I am having to jump through hoops. She is requesting a copy of my card, front and back and a copy of my drivers licence. I was not particulary comfortable with that, so when I recieved by email her final bill, I mailed a check for the group insurance a copy of her invoice with my CC number, 3digit code and expireation date Authorizing the appropriate amount to be charged and my Signature. She called to say she needed a copy of the card for auditing purposes (not sure what that is) and would I please fax it. So against my better judgement I did. She just emailed me to tell my she couldnt read it and to please make a better copy and to write the number on it. Am I making a fuss over nothing? Or does she really need this? We have a group booking the hooked up with her through a group of friends and I belive she is cruising with us. I dont understand why the hassel.
Old 10-29-2004, 04:29 AM
Banned

C
I don't think you are making a fuss over nothing! I have booked many cruises over the phone with my T/A and have never been asked for a copy of anything. I think there is something rotten in Denmark and it isn't the cheese.I would be very careful, you might want to call the office and ask for a supervisor and if that doesn't help call the cruise line.
Tom
Old 10-29-2004, 09:17 AM

Actually the agent is not out of line requesting this information (particularly if you are not a regular client or someone she knows personally). Many agents have gotten burned in CC scams and if they do not have the information she is requesting on file, they have no legal recourse and it is their loss. (Meaning it comes out of their pocket). In order to protect themselves many agents are now making this a requirement for booking. Don't take it personally, or read anything unsavory into the request. Think for a moment how it may look to the agent when a client refuses to provide this information?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-29-2004, 10:43 AM

Banks that operate merchant accounts require the merchant to;

1. Get an approval from the bank
2. Check the person's identification
3. Get an imprint of the card being used.

The agent has requested nothing that should run a red flag up. Just think about the money invloved and you will she the agent needs to be cautious.

You are asked for the same information when you use a credit card just about anywhere.

I would visit the agent in person to let them know every thing is on the up and up. Once you establish a relationship with the agent, they won't be as demanding.

Have a great cruise!

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
accounts, agencies, agent, agents, card, cc, copy, credit, dl, merchant, number, online, powered, travel, travelling, vbulletin