Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   General Cruise Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/)
-   -   Group cruise procedures (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/36008-group-cruise-procedures.html)

arckac 01-28-2007 07:05 AM

We are going on a group cruise on March 31 consisting of 7 families. Withing that group there are 13 children. There will be days when parents may be doing an excursion not permitted for children. My question is, can we bring each others children off the ship to the beach? Are all our rooms automatically linked to do this? Do we do this when we check in or on board?

tncruiseman 01-28-2007 12:08 PM

Every passenger in your group will have their own cruise card, which will have their photo digitally imbedded on it, which is placed in the "security" machine each time. Every passenger has to have one to leave the ship as well as board it. Most ports also request an additional photo ID, such as driver's license, which the children won't have. Check ahead to find out which ports will need additional ID for the kids. Cards are not linked in any way as to who goes with whom. At least, not that I am aware of.

arckac 01-28-2007 03:37 PM

Thank you for your response. I have been on many cruises and am aware of the process of sea pass cards. My concern was any of the adults leaving the ship with childen from another cabin with a different last name. I suppose I will have to go to customer service onboard to inquire as to the procedure.

LisaP 01-28-2007 03:44 PM

I'd be curious to know, too. I would hope that there are safeguards in place to prevent kids from leaving with someone who is not their parent or guardian.

In any case, arckac, it might not be a bad idea to have a medical proxy signed by the parents in the rare event that something happens. Then again, its acceptance might vary by country.

Dave 01-28-2007 04:47 PM

FYI - I edited this thread to correct spelling for the subject line.

tncruiseman 01-28-2007 04:57 PM

They will let children off the boat when accompanied by any adult that is claiming responsibility for them. As long as they have their "pass" with them, any adult telling security "these are with me" will pass right through. The "pass cards" only match photos with the holder. The process goes no deeper than that, although it certainly is another area for concern.

arckac 01-29-2007 06:14 AM

It is an area of concern, I was hoping someone would say that childrens names are linked to the adult leaving and returning to the ship with the adult. Therefore, I thought this would have to be done at the outset of the cruise. Actually we are going to have an attachment to to kids Club sign up sheet that will have all the adults and samples of their signatures that can sign out each child. 14 adults along with 13 kids will be part of this group

arckac 01-29-2007 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Beers:
FYI - I edited this thread to correct spelling for the subject line.
Thanks Dave and sorry about that.