Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2006, 04:14 PM

This is always my favorite post! Welcome to the "addicted to cruising club" Don't fight it, just enjoy it and know you have friends that understand on the cruise boards!

We should just give you new ways to enjoy your new addiction. Here's one of mine: I like going to ebay and finding 'travel/sample' sizes of my toiletries. Who wants to bring the full size of your perfume? makeup? etc. I've found sample sizes of everything from Obsession cologne and gold sparkle powder, to my clinique blush and more... You know all the samples they give out with purchase? You can find them on ebay!

Have fun with your new addiction! and enjoy your cruise.

Nancy
RCCL Mariner of the Seas 9/12/2004
Spirit of Chicago 2-hr Cruise 7/24/04
RCCL Monarch of the Seas 3/29/04
Costa Mediterranea 12/14/03
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 9/21/03
Old 03-24-2006, 04:46 PM

Although it will only be my second cruise, and both on HAL, cruising has become my "drug of choice". My wait is over. I leave tomorrow the 25th on the Noordam for 11 great days!
I get so upset when people who have never been on a cruise talk about how boring it must be to be stuck on a boat for a week!
Oh well, more room for us smart ones!
Old 03-24-2006, 04:51 PM

You go Mr. TP!! ?? people actually think it might be boring?? LMAO!

I'm off in 4 weeks (need to update sig) on an 8-day repo

Have fun TP!

Nancy
Old 03-24-2006, 05:57 PM

Thanks Nancy. 4 weeks will fly by!
You have a great trip also.

Why is it, I'm all packed and surffing the net and my wife is still trying to figure out what to bring???

TP
Old 03-24-2006, 06:17 PM

I'm jealous of Mr. TP I wanted go on my cruise now! Oh well planning is part of the fun. I'm going on my first Alaska cruise and it's a new cruiseline for me and my hubby. we have never been on Celebrity before. May 20 is my depart day. I'm so addicted that at my work computer the back group is a midnight buffet.
I went on the star princess and I still today walk around saying Ahola deck 12. Today we diet for in 2 months we cruise.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:44 PM

Katlady..

"I'm so addicted that at my work computer the back group is a midnight buffet."
u r funny! I've heard Celebrity is very awesome! ur also leaving on my bday - a very good omen

Have a great time!
Old 03-25-2006, 04:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nita:
I am a first time cruiser am I crazy or am I not the only person in the world, who think about my upcoming cruise so much till I canot contain myself. I am always looking at pitures at work of different people who have been on cruises and I am always on this board. I have 5 months left and all I can think about is getting to the point of leaving, if I didn't think it was crazy I would start packing right now just to help me get through the next 5 months. What do other people do to past their time away?? We booked last September was real excited then and could not contain my self;l then the holidays came and it kind o f wore down a little, got a laptop for christmas and have been looking into different things about the cruise. Now I am on the site so much and looking at pictures everyday by the time I cruise I will know everything their is to know and the ship backwards and forwards I look at the website and study it soo much. Plese help me to think of something to do to pass these last 5 months away and am I crazy or do other cruisers go thru this. This is my first cruise am I way over to excited. HELP HELP ME!!!!

Edit: Moved to General Cruise Chat. RF
[img]girl[/img]
Old 03-25-2006, 09:59 PM

Hi Nancylee I will celebrate your birthday with a large meal at dinner and a toast. I meant to write background not back group I was so excited about the cruise I can't type. The sad thing about the midnight buffet picture is it's not even a picture of a cruise I was on. It's lobster buffet on Crystal Cruise lines.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:43 PM

It always fascinates me that lots of people on these boards go on more than 1 cruise a year! How are you guys doing it? I feel fortunate to have gone on three in three years! I do have 3 small children, but how do you financially cruise as often as you all do??
Cheap cruises? travel agents? very gracious employers? whats the secret?
Old 03-26-2006, 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jbrooks175:
It always fascinates me that lots of people on these boards go on more than 1 cruise a year! How are you guys doing it? I feel fortunate to have gone on three in three years! I do have 3 small children, but how do you financially cruise as often as you all do??
Cheap cruises? travel agents? very gracious employers? whats the secret?

Hi Jbrooks
Let me start with I don't have kids so that makes it easier to cruise more often. But also I have a MBNA cruise rewards credit card. I get cruise points for every dollar spent and I can use them at the 500 and 800 point level. Which gives me $500 or $800 dollars off my cruise. My hubby and I did a 4 day to baja mexico for $75 per person because for this card.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruising, obsession