Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2006, 03:51 PM

I am a first time cruiser am I crazy or am I not the only person in the world, who think about my upcoming cruise so much till I canot contain myself. I am always looking at pitures at work of different people who have been on cruises and I am always on this board. I have 5 months left and all I can think about is getting to the point of leaving, if I didn't think it was crazy I would start packing right now just to help me get through the next 5 months. What do other people do to past their time away?? We booked last September was real excited then and could not contain my self;l then the holidays came and it kind o f wore down a little, got a laptop for christmas and have been looking into different things about the cruise. Now I am on the site so much and looking at pictures everyday by the time I cruise I will know everything their is to know and the ship backwards and forwards I look at the website and study it soo much. Plese help me to think of something to do to pass these last 5 months away and am I crazy or do other cruisers go thru this. This is my first cruise am I way over to excited. HELP HELP ME!!!!

Edit: Moved to General Cruise Chat. RF

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-13-2006, 03:51 PM

I am a first time cruiser am I crazy or am I not the only person in the world, who think about my upcoming cruise so much till I canot contain myself. I am always looking at pitures at work of different people who have been on cruises and I am always on this board. I have 5 months left and all I can think about is getting to the point of leaving, if I didn't think it was crazy I would start packing right now just to help me get through the next 5 months. What do other people do to past their time away?? We booked last September was real excited then and could not contain my self;l then the holidays came and it kind o f wore down a little, got a laptop for christmas and have been looking into different things about the cruise. Now I am on the site so much and looking at pictures everyday by the time I cruise I will know everything their is to know and the ship backwards and forwards I look at the website and study it soo much. Plese help me to think of something to do to pass these last 5 months away and am I crazy or do other cruisers go thru this. This is my first cruise am I way over to excited. HELP HELP ME!!!!

Edit: Moved to General Cruise Chat. RF

Old 03-14-2006, 05:56 AM

Nita, I know what you mean by looking for information. My family and friends tease me that I know so much info on a place or ship that there is no need for me to go there any more. We are off on Sat.(18th) on the Triumph. this is my 4th cruise and I love,love,love cruising!!! I just filled the time by doing just about the same as you, visiting this board and researching. You are going to absolutely become adicted to this type of a holiday. Happy sailing, Sharon
Old 03-14-2006, 01:23 PM

Nina,
You are not alone!!! I to spend a lot of time daydreaming about tropical ports.. standing at the ship's rail looking at it's wake...great food...someone else cleaning my cabin...getting my DH to finally dance with me...(He Promised!)...SHOPPING!!! I could go on and on but it just makes me crazy!
When do you sail? We are going in October on the Conquest.

Memcakes

Caribbean All Inclusives
Old 03-14-2006, 06:33 PM

I to am obsessed with cruising. I drive my husband and his brother and sister-in-law crazy. I count down the weeks from whenever we book our cruise. This one we booked in July and I had my calendar marked with the weeks. Now I am up to the days and still driving them crazy. I sit on the computer and look up all about the ship, excusions, ports......I too don't need to go as I have already been there and know everything. I also check all the cruises for the next year and try to decide where we will be going next. They all say lets get this one done with first. I love it!

Old 03-14-2006, 11:21 PM

Nita: The real question is whether or not you are enjoying your new found obcession. If you are enjoying all of the time you are spending researching the cruise, then by all means continue.

One trick I use to distract myself from thinking about an upcoming cruise is to start thinking about where I am going on vacation next after the cruise. (It may be a year or two away, but this doesn't stop me from planning.) This allows me to think about different destinations and plan new adventures while I am waiting for the cruise to start.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:18 AM

We have a get-together from some chatmembers from the german board in june.
Yesterday one of them told me, that he loves the idee to meet other addicted because in his family and friends nobody can understand what cruising means to him and his wife.
I had to agree. Most people think, what the hell is she always talking about cruising.
If somebody never has been on a cruiseship, never smelt the salt in the air, saw the wonderful sunsets, had excellent dinner and cabinstewads doing everything they can for your comfort, they cannot understanding what we are talking about.

Old 03-15-2006, 09:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by farmerjohn:
Nita: The real question is whether or not you are enjoying your new found obcession. If you are enjoying all of the time you are spending researching the cruise, then by all means continue.

One trick I use to distract myself from thinking about an upcoming cruise is to start thinking about where I am going on vacation next after the cruise. (It may be a year or two away, but this doesn't stop me from planning.) This allows me to think about different destinations and plan new adventures while I am waiting for the cruise to start.

This is exactly how I do it. I have been working on my next March Cruise and before I know it my cruise in April will be here. In addition, I work on the air/transfers/hotels/excursions I plan on taking in piecework.
Im always working on a part of a vacation doing my research. Away from that, there is always projects around the house.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:42 AM

quote:
because in his family and friends nobody can understand what cruising means to him and his wife

The same with my Family! The first time my DH and I cruised it was for our twentieth anniversary. It took us five years to save for that trip, We were so excited to go, but a few members of our family were rather cold, or put out when we would talk about the trip. This time we have not even told anyone yet. That is why I like that boards so much. Everyone on here shares the same love for crusing and no matter if you are going on your first or have been on dozens everyone is so helpful!

Memecakes

Caribbean All Inclusives
Old 03-15-2006, 11:27 PM

first time cruiser huh, welcome to our world
You can do some prep to keep you busy,
1)get birthday and anniversary cards that you would otherwise forget to send and make yourself crazy the second day of your cruise, send them the day before your cruise.
2)make up some pre-printed luggage labels so you don't have to fill them out while waiting in line.
3)make up some buisness cards with your name, address, e-mail and phone number so if you meet anyone on the cruise you want to stay in contact with you can just "give em a card"!
if you want you can check out my tips and "what not to forget list"
http://home.comcast.net/~dadsaccount/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Having our first rum drink in about,,,

Closed Thread

Tags
cruising, obsession