Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Default Current U.S. Passport Turnaround Time
Just as a point of information, my son applied for his first adult passport on December 20 and it arrived in under 4 weeks (yesterday). It was actually more like a 3 week turnaround since there were two federal holidays during that time.

He also got the passport card, mostly because it is another photo ID and I think we'll all get those to use as ID while ashore in wherever.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:03 PM
I like the idea of the Passport Card; it's an additional expense but much preferable to taking the book Passport ashore.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:22 PM

Congratulations to J for hitting another milestone! When does he get to use it for the first time?
Old 01-14-2011, 12:25 PM

I opted to pay the extra and get the card in addition as well for the very reason to have it while ashore. Not like I'm going to be driving to Mexico or Canada. I remember asking about this as an additional ID and Dave said it was a good idea. Bravo!

If nothing else it would expedite problems should I ever miss the ship on foreign soil or something unfortunate would happen. Passport? Mine is locked in the cabin safe on that ship that is sailing away. Here is my card though if that helps.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Administrator

I guess he'll use it first on the Allure in June. I like the new passport book. Very nice graphics.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:21 AM

We both just applied for enhanced drivers licenses; they are a good substitute for a passport when traveling from Canada to the US by land, and good ID when cruising.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh View Post
We both just applied for enhanced drivers licenses; they are a good substitute for a passport when traveling from Canada to the US by land, and good ID when cruising.
Still waiting for the State of South Carolina to get them. We'll probably be the last State in the Union to get them. Our former Governor had other priorities in Argentina last year.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Oh gee, I thought he was hiking the Appalachian Trail.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:08 PM

The turn around time in Canada is 7 days or less. The last time we got ours it arrive in the mail in 5 days!!! Also the enhance driver license is no good for my wife as she does not drive, so we must still use a passport which we will always use no manner what. I drive, but I will still not use the enhance driver license as I have heard that some people have been question about these upon going across to the US by car.

Tags
2011, arrives, card, carolina, current, line, north, passport, passports, time, times, turn, turnaround, ups, us