Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   General Cruise Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/)
-   -   does anyone decorate their door on the cruise ship? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/36382-does-anyone-decorate-their-door-cruise-ship.html)

macmom111 01-16-2011 12:35 PM

does anyone decorate their door on the cruise ship?

on our last few cruises we started decorating our cabin door. we now plan it before we leave and really enjoy decorating it and the comments we get. does anyone else decorate theirs?

LHT28 01-16-2011 08:40 PM

NO:eek:
We are not party people
It depends on the cruise line

I think it looks tacky but that is just me

LisaP 01-16-2011 08:55 PM

I don't, although I envy some of the creative people out there!

Be aware that some decorations may be removed by the crew if they are determined to present fire hazards. I've noticed this happening on my last few cruises. Also, anything on your door seems to be up for grabs by your fellow passengers.

wooddon 01-17-2011 04:04 AM

I agree, we have seem people removing these, plus sometime the crew are order to take them down as well due what Lisa pointed out.

macmom111 01-17-2011 07:19 AM

ok I am a tacky party person! they even had a door decorating contest on the dream that we won. I didnt know I was tacky but thanks for pointing that out

Sonny V 01-17-2011 08:05 AM

I don't think it's tacky at all, it gives me something to look at when walking down the passage way. I like to make the best of everything - complaining about trivial things could ruin your vacation.

Sandy 01-17-2011 08:17 AM

It's not tacky and you are not tacky. Door decorations are fun as long as they're within the regulations. In fact, a lot of the cruise lines themselves sell room and door decorations for celebrations, that can be ordered before you cruise. I especially like balloons and streamers on the door, which looks very festive to me.

macmom111 01-17-2011 08:26 AM

I agree with keeping it safe and fireproof. We use to see other peoples door decorated and I thought they we so cute and we just decided to do it too. on the Dream we covered our door with paper and put pictures of all the ships we had been on with a headline that said WE LIVE OUR DREAM. I didnt think it was tacky and was quite proud of it and the ship on a stick I won.
its all in fun. you hear people that didnt have fun on a cruise. we have fun and more fun and great fun!

Sandy 01-17-2011 08:30 AM

That's a cute idea! I bet lots of people took pictures of your door. You should send a picture in to Carnival. I bet they'd love to see a door with all their ships you've sailed pasted on it.

I cruised around Christmas a few years ago. One person had covered their door in silver foil, and pasted ribbons going horizontally and vertically to make the door look like one huge Christmas present. There was a big bow at the intersection of the ribbons, and a big card pasted under the bow. It was really adorable.

Dwayne 01-17-2011 12:16 PM

I've done mine a few times when sailing over Halloween. I think it's neat and fun. Plus it helps you find your door when you have too many DOD's.