Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 PM

Angry Cruise lines cutting back from going to Mexico.
The following story appear today in Toronto as follows:
Cruise lines to cut back Mexico trips amid violence - Yahoo! News

This is not good as we love going to Mexico on a cruise line. We are going this April again. We feel very safe by been on a cruise line as you are not staying in Mexico overnight.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:21 PM

Well, we booked the Mexican Riviera for December. If they substitue Hawaii, I won't complain, but 7 day cruise to nowhere? I hope we still get to go, I'd love to do the original "Love Boat" route. I know the drug violence has escalated, but it's bad in other areas as well. Wooddon, I watched a show last night called Property Virgins. Two different couples were looking for houses in Toronto. I had no idea how expensive homes were there. My goodness, a townhouse was over a half of a million dollars. A detached home was in the 7 figures. WOW! I can understand California, but the weather isn't that nice in Toronto. Is it just due to the lack of housing?
Old 01-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny3333 View Post
Well, we booked the Mexican Riviera for December. If they substitue Hawaii, I won't complain, but 7 day cruise to nowhere? I hope we still get to go, I'd love to do the original "Love Boat" route. I know the drug violence has escalated, but it's bad in other areas as well. Wooddon, I watched a show last night called Property Virgins. Two different couples were looking for houses in Toronto. I had no idea how expensive homes were there. My goodness, a townhouse was over a half of a million dollars. A detached home was in the 7 figures. WOW! I can understand California, but the weather isn't that nice in Toronto. Is it just due to the lack of housing?
Location location location
There are still some houses in the 2-300,000 range or less depending on size

We sold our house in TO back in the 80's for 68,000 it is now worth 350,000 unreal for a 1922 house
Old 01-18-2011, 05:58 PM

I agree with LHT28, it's location. There is no lack of housing, people are just buying and buying. Our son just moved into a new townhouse for $230,000 and now its listed for over $300,000 in just one year. The weather is very nice in Toronto. We can be hotter than most southern states in the summer time and less rain.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:00 PM

That's the summer, LOL, how about those winters
Old 01-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Penny, the article isn't telling the whole story. While the violence and the economy are no doubt having their effect on the Mexican Riviera market, Disney and Cunard have entered that market so there is only a net loss of one ship. I know that Princess is cutting down on Sapphire Princess sailings to the M.R. but that is so it can join Golden Princess on the much more popular and lucrative Hawaiian Island sailings.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:52 PM

Our winters have been very good the past few years. All the snow and cold have gone south of us, like New York and Florida!!! I never had to shovel once last year and only twice so far this year. We enjoy winter. We can not take the heat all year round.

Tags
caribbean, cruie, cruise, cruiselines, cruises, forums, isnt, line, lines, mexican, mexico, riviera, royal, safe, ship, ships, violence