Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Well I have travel in The Carnival Destiny 3 times on the southern caribbean and Two times on the Carnival victory so far in the same route...what can I say I love Carnival
Old 03-02-2011, 05:21 PM

Thanks for your input everyone. Financially, I probably have to wait until at least next year until I can think about another cruise. I do want to try Carnival to see how that compares to Royal Caribbean. I know everyone has their own opinions.

I was talking to a fellow passenger on my previous cruise, and he stated at the time that was one of his first cruises on Royal Caribbean, and he loved it. This was the Western Caribbean itinerary on the Freedom, with stops in Labadee, Ocho Rios, and Cozumel. We were supposed to go to Grand Cayman as well, but because of rough seas, strong winds, and rain, the port got canceled because it was too dangerous for the tenders to run.

However, he also stated that he wouldn't go on Carnival unless it was one of their newer ships, now having been on an RCI cruise. Again, I respect his opinion, as I know everyone has their own.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 03-05-2011, 04:31 PM
We have cruised many times on favorite ships. We have met cruisers that have multiple repeat cruises upon the same ships. This is a common recurring phenomena among those of us that share the addiction and love of cruising and ships!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 PM

Default very often...
I have cruised 16 times on eight ships...a lot of duplication.

I enjoy cruising because I am an easy days drive to several ports including Galveston, New Orleans Mobile (at least until November), Tampa, Jacksonville, and Port Canavaral.

I have been on the Carnival Celebration twice, Fantasy four times, Triumph twice, Holiday twice (b2b), Glory, Conquest, Elation and the NCL Sun from NOLA.

I cruise to cruise...ports are not real important to me. If I am taken care of well on a ship, lets go again!!

I don't climb rock walls, ice skate, or surf, so I am not concerned about a large ship. I like the intimacy of the smaller ships. So long as they have good food, entertainment, shows, I am happy as a lark.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabee View Post
I have cruised 16 times on eight ships...a lot of duplication.

I enjoy cruising because I am an easy days drive to several ports including Galveston, New Orleans Mobile (at least until November), Tampa, Jacksonville, and Port Canavaral.
Jabee,

Welcome to the CruiseReviews forum!

By the way, we don't insult people around here if we politely disagree on something.

We did 5 cruises on the Holiday - 4 from Mobile. I love that port and will miss it. I also liked the Holiday. A nice old basic cruise ship with a superb crew. Driving to a port is more and more a sane thing to do, given the never-ending annoyances of air travel.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:27 PM

Jabee, you're so lucky you can drive to embarkation ports. With the cost and hassle of air travel, living within several hours of a port is a real advantage.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:41 PM

The nearest port for me to drive to is over a 20 hour drive. I'd be happy if I had even a 12 hour drive to a port. As of now I'll just have to put up with the inconvenience and cost of flying.

Welcome to our forum, Jabee!

Sonny
Old 03-15-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Jabee,

By the way, we don't insult people around here if we politely disagree on something.
thanks for the welcome...I will not be posting 11 times a day every day, but I do love to share my experience.

You actually had me worried...so I had to look up and reread my post because i DO NOT ever want to insult anyone...and I can disagree and move on...had to realize your wink...

BTW...I am in Tuscaloosa, AL, but originally from Jackson, MS ( a loooong time ago.) We got into cruising after my wife had cancer, and after a year of surgery, chemo, and radiation and then to top it off my Mother died, I finally asked her where she wanted to go...and she said on a cruise. Now, five years later and 15 cruises later...we are hooked.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:49 AM

Smile
Jabee, thanks for sharing your personal story about your start in cruising; I think for many of us, taking the time to do the things you have put off or wanted to do but thought you'd do it some time in the future hold true for many of us. Glad to hear that you are both still enjoying the cruise scene !

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-16-2011, 01:52 PM

Jabee, I went a little crazy after going through chemo, 5 cruises in 1 year. I wouldn't have traded it for the world and am very glad I did it. Now, every cruise is truly a blessing for me! Welcome aboard!

Tags
b2b, carnival, cruise, dock, dry, explorer, freedom, liberty, post, reviews, sailed, seas, ship, twice, victory