Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   General Cruise Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/)
-   -   Has Anyone Ever Sailed a Same Ship Twice other than a B2B? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/36557-has-anyone-ever-sailed-same-ship-twice-other-than-b2b.html)

MCPayne 02-16-2011 07:51 PM

Has Anyone Ever Sailed a Same Ship Twice other than a B2B?

Hi everyone.

Just a question. Has anyone ever sailed on the same ship more than once besides a back to back cruise? I am in the very early stages of thinking about another cruise, but probably won't be until at least next year because of financial issues. I was looking at the Eastern Caribbean, and the itineraries that interested me are either the itineraries on the Freedom of the Seas on Royal Caribbean or the Carnival Dream.

I was just on the Freedom of the Seas back in October (which I loved, don't get me wrong), so I was leaning more towards Carnival. All of the ports with the exception of Coco Cay on the Freedom, or Nassau on Carnival, would be new to me, as the past cruises I've been on have been to the Bahamas and the Western Caribbean.

One port I wanted to visit was St. Maarten, mainly for the experience at Maho Beach.

macmom111 02-16-2011 08:07 PM

I think that is the best way to go, If I enjoy the ship I will cruise on her again. I cruised on the HOLIDAY 3 times. I loved that ship

LisaP 02-16-2011 08:11 PM

I sailed Norwegian Majesty three times; four if you count her previous incarnation as Royal Majesty. Three of the four trips were Boston-to-Bermuda. Despite the same ship and itinerary, each cruise was different. I'd find new places on the ship, meet new people, and visit different places in port. Still, it was exciting to board the ship... each time, it was like coming home.

There have been a couple of other ships we sailed more than once, and there are others I would sail again without hesitation.

Dwayne 02-16-2011 08:37 PM

Yes. I have been on many Carnival Ships more than once. It's always interesting to go back again. The Carnival Fantasy stands out as the ship I've been on the most. Every time I sail on her again they have changed something.

Jim C. 02-17-2011 08:17 AM

Definitely, we have sailed the Victory twice and we are planning on our second time on the Conquest this summer. The Victory was just happenstance because she was moved to run the Southern Caribbean route and we wanted to do that. But the Conquest is moving out when the Magic comes in and we really enjoyed our first Conquest cruise so we wanted to sail on her again before she is moved.

Midwest Cruiser 02-17-2011 08:36 AM

We’ve sailed on a few ships twice and just got off our third cruise on the Liberty earlier this month. Our last cruise experience was nice because we knew so many crew members from our cruise in November. We had familiar friends from guest relations, the concierge, bartenders and cruise director staff. The itinerary was different and it was the first sailing after dry dock so the ship was a little different as well.

Every cruise is what you make of it so I would pick an itinerary that you like and go for it! St Maarten is one of our favorite stops and I would highly recommend it.

Midwest Cruiser 02-17-2011 08:42 AM

....There was a passenger on our last Liberty cruise that was on his 95th cruise on that ship. I think that he knows the ship pretty well. :)

penny3333 02-18-2011 01:47 PM

You bet! I've sailed the Sea Princess twice, the Sun Princess twice, the NCL Sky twice, and will probably sail on the Epic again when I book my next NCL cruise. I'd sail the Sea Princess 100 times and never get tired of her, she's just my favorite. LisaP is so right, there are always new discoveries on board. Plus, they're always upgrading the ships, so they add or change things all the time.

It's also exciting to sail on a new ship, too.

So, my suggestion is, find the itinerary/price you want and the ship next. You know you're going to have a marvelous time:)

denjoker 02-23-2011 02:08 PM

The Freedom over the Dream by a long shot - in my opinion.

Keith & Rita 02-28-2011 08:26 AM

We sailed on the Zaandam twice when it was ported at Cape Canaveral. The second time was a longer New Year cruise and the service was not as good as the first one and they dropped Dutch night!