Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 05:33 PM

Default Princess has cancel Mazatian port.
We are sailing on the April 9th on the Sapphire to the Mexician Riviera and they have just send me a notice that this port of call has been cancel due to security reasons!!! They have replace it with a overnight in Cabo San Lucas. We are very disappointed as we were looking forward to this port and going to a beach resort for the day. We know there is unrest in Mexico, but every county has unrest and crime, even in Toronto. We as passengers must be on the look out for problems and take measure not to get hurt. This hold true for every port that we set foot on, even in Canad and the US. We just had a good friend who just came back from a week at a resort in this area and she say the local people are so nice and she saw no issues or problems in the 7 days.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:33 PM
We were there 3 weeks ago on HAL. We overheard someone saying that Mazatlan used to have 8 ships per weeks and they are now getting on 2 per week. Looks like now maybe only one . . . . it's way too sad. It's the tourist vendors who get hurt by this.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:36 AM

I am sure they would not cancel the port if they didn't feel it was necessary. Cabo is supposed to be much nicer than Mazatlan, guess I'll find out in December. You're so right that every country has unrest, but most of them aren't killing tourists. I'm sorry you're not getting to go, and we might not either, but I am glad that Princess is trying to keep their passengers out of harms way as much as possible.

Who knows, they may re-instate the port by April 9th, they may not. But from what I have heard, Cabo is much better.

I hope you will have perfect weather and a marvelous cruise to make up for the missed port. I know it is disappointing.

Tags
closed, mazatian, mazatlan, mexico, port, ports, unrest