Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   General Cruise Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/)
-   -   Has This Ever Happened To You? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/36733-has-ever-happened-you.html)

poormom 03-17-2011 06:40 AM

Has This Ever Happened To You?

I'm down to the home stretch for my cruise and thought I should start thinking about packing. For some reason all my 'Island" clothes seem to have shrunken since last summer?! Looks like I have a shopping trip in my future before I pack. Either that or I can't eat between now and then. Yikes!

penny3333 03-17-2011 07:07 AM

LOL, poormom, yes it has happened. Unfortunately, I didn't find out until I was already on board-YIKES! I really had to ummm suck it up:) Thankfully, I always take a large sweater, it covered up some of my open buttons.

Nadine 03-17-2011 08:05 AM

It's terrible how clothes shrink while they are in the closet! Each season it seems like the closet has sucked more material out of my clothes!

Nadine

susanmaz 03-17-2011 01:13 PM

That's the advantage to living where one doesn't NEED to season one's clothes (not that many people don't season their clothes - I just don't). I wear everything year round . . when I start planning on packing, I just stop wearing whatever until I pack. If it gets cold here (like it did the week before we left in February) - I pull out the heavy sweats and socks. Sorry all - - spring's here, we're supposed to to upper 80's

LisaP 03-17-2011 03:38 PM

Why do you think that most of my cruises are to cooler climates? Big sweaters and jackets are very forgiving. :D

Berick1234 03-17-2011 06:05 PM

SHRINK HAPPENS:-)

Have a great sailing.....

Bob E

Jabee 03-18-2011 06:04 PM

well..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berick1234 (Post 286510)
SHRINK HAPPENS:-)

Have a great sailing.....

Bob E

Glad I am having the reverse problem...I am the one that is shrinking and my clothes seem to be growing bigger....I lost 70 pounds last year between cruises, and then have stayed steady. I started again last week, and have lost 10 pounds so far, with a goal of 30 by Easter.

Sandy 03-18-2011 06:34 PM

Congratulations on all the weight loss. Thats fantastic.

Dave 03-18-2011 06:47 PM

Jabee,

You are motivating me to lose more weight. I've been walking 4 to 5 miles a day in a building while conducting training classes, moving back and forth down the halls. I've lost a few pounds but not enough. My walking is not sustained, so that is the problem.

I am perhaps unique in that I rarely gain weight on a cruise. I actually eat more healthy foods while on a ship since they are available, and I don't have to prepare them.

Dwayne 03-18-2011 06:50 PM

I have to keep a rotating dress pants supply. Almost popped a button last time.:)