Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 07:01 AM

I can not add anything to which ship to take or even cruise lines because all of my cruises have been on Carnival, which I love. We did the same route you did last yr and I must say it was my least favorite ports. Half moon cay was beautiful, I thought the rest were way overrated. But that is just my opinion, there are other people who prefer the eastern route. I am not a fan of the bigger ships either. But Carnival has phased out the wonderful babies of their fleets several yrs ago.
we are in our 50s and we find that as long as we dont cruise when school is out, we have very few children on the ship.
Try the western routes, I love them.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:25 AM

Thumbs up Have you looked at Regent?
Its smaller,700,,and luxury...REALLY all inclusive...ALL shore excursions,tips,drinks,air,hotel,etc...you pay NOTHING when you leave,,unless you WANT extra stuff...so not nickel and dimed,,so nice.

We ve taken 2 and liked the Mariner the best so far...fabulous food,service,cabins,you name it. Must figure out daily costs for all extras on other cruises,,,seems expensive at first,but really not when you really compare.

Tends to your age group,,,and has lots of entertainment,,even at 6 30 in most lounges with dancing and singers..then main show at 9 45...

Have also loved Seabourn,,only 400 passengers and all inclusive,,ex.for shore excursions..

Try giving them a look,,,so nice to be on smaller ship,,easy embarkation,,no lines,better service,,you ll get hooked.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:24 AM

Ebtrinity- we would consider Celeb. but thought all thier ships were big? Next cruise would like max 1000 passengers, maybe a little smaller.

Macmom- loved half moon bay too, but after 10am just too many people around. We did the nature walk at 8:30 and really enjoyed it.

alexandra- have just started looking at luxury lines, but most seem to be for long trips. Next cruise looking for maybe 8-10 days max. Will certainly check Regent. Thanks to all!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:05 PM

Hey Cdcdguy;
The Solstice class ships are roughly 2800; there is also the Century that holds 1800. My experience with the solstice/equinox was that since we went aqua class, our dining experience was in "Blu" - this was one of the speciality restaurants and did not have to pay the premium; so there was not as many clients/comotion like in the main dining room.

Another option that you may wish to explore is Azamara - they are smaller and of high quality too; I know someone who sailed with them and truly enjoyed their experience. I understand that wine (at lunch/dinner) is included in the price.

Cheers,
Eb

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-25-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtrinity View Post
Hey Cdcdguy;
The Solstice class ships are roughly 2800; there is also the Century that holds 1800. My experience with the solstice/equinox was that since we went aqua class, our dining experience was in "Blu" - this was one of the speciality restaurants and did not have to pay the premium; so there was not as many clients/comotion like in the main dining room.

Another option that you may wish to explore is Azamara - they are smaller and of high quality too; I know someone who sailed with them and truly enjoyed their experience. I understand that wine (at lunch/dinner) is included in the price.

Cheers,
Eb
Have never heard of Azamara but will certainly look into them too. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:47 AM
I would pay the little extra & sail Oceania
2 sizes of ships, 684 Passengers or 1250 PAX neither feel crowded

YMMV
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Tags
aquaclass, avoid, cabins, caribbean, cruise, doesnt, equinox, kids, lines, loud, music, port, refine, search, stos