Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 03:22 PM

Default can a cruiseship charge more then what you paided?
I booked a cruise with travel agent and paided in full, now when I access my documents and invoice the cruise is almost $400. more on the cruise invoice then what I paided, Also I booked a back to back and the same thing happened with both cruises.
Does this mean the cruiseline can collect the differnce in what I paided and what there invoice now shows. PS this isn't fuel charges or tipping charges either

Thanks
Wendy
Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 PM

Without fuel surcharges or gratuities, once you're paid in full the cruise line can't ask for more money. I'm not sure what you're seeing on the invoices, so it's a good idea to take your concerns to your travel agent.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:44 PM

Thank-You Sandy, when I went to the cruise line invoice, even the cruise was higher then what I paided for it at sky auction, and all it had besides the higher cruise price was taxes but its almost $750 more for the back to back I booked and bought at sky auction, and yes its been paided in full
Weny
Old 05-13-2011, 04:54 PM

I don't know what sky auction is. Are you sure you're not looking at the price the cruise would be for someone booking it today? The price to a new person may be higher now than what you paid when you booked the cruise.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:11 PM

sky auction is a travel site to bid or buy different travel auctions. I have used them many times before, and no I'm looking at our invoice on my travel documents from carnival cruise line, even the booking price is different then what we paided for it, so of course I'm concern that the cruiseline will try to get the difference on what we really paided for it, although its already been charged and showing up on my credit card already for the price we paided. So who knows, just didn't want a surpise of owning them like $700.00 plus more dollars!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:29 PM

Why don't you ask Sky auction about the price difference? I would say your beef is with them.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:30 AM

What is the sail date? Have you considered canceling the cruise? You should get a full refund if you cancel before 90 days from the sail date even if you paid in full. Sounds to me like you should find a new travel agent.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:05 AM

It is very hard to advise when we can't see what you're looking at. Cruise invoices can be very confusing depending on the way they are done. Some may break down each part of the cost (cruise, port fees, government taxes). Then some may group the cruise and port fees together with government taxes separate. Everyone has different systems. What does the bottom line say for Amount due? If you have paid in full already then it should say Amount due $0.00. Are you saying it shows $400 more in the amount due, or is it showing the $400 somewhere else on the invoice?
Old 05-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Who did the payment go to the TA or the cruise line?
Did you pay cash or credit card?

I would pose the question to your TA why the cruise line wants more $$ that is what TA's are for
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 05-17-2011, 01:38 PM

Are you sailing by yourself? I checked the sky auction website (mainly out of curiosity) and noticed that in the "buy it now" cruises, the small print stated that the prices were based on double occupancy. Meaning that the price you thought you bought the cruise for, did not include the single supplement charge. The amounts you are speaking of sound like they could be that. But like the others have said, we need more information. What does the "amount due" line say? If it says $0, then no, the cruise linel is not going to come back and ask for more money.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Tags
carnival, charged, charges, cruise, date, fuel, member, noshow, paid, paided, ship, single, supplement, surcharge, whats