Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 04:52 AM

Question Email of new posts
At one time I was receiving an email daily of new RCI threads. When we went through the last update, I have not received any new threads but continue to get the daily email with "0 new threads" notated. How do I turn this off since even thought I still get the email, the new threads are not being listed?? Thanks for assistance in this matter. I did do some searching within the RCI forum but can't seem to see what I need to do to turn it off.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Administrator

I get them too. Here is the problem: they are generated by the old forum host servers and software (for which we paid a use fee) but we no longer have access to them in order to turn off the e-mails. They are not coming from our new servers.

I'll see if I can get in touch with someone who can help us out. I set up an e-mail rule to automatically delete them so at least they aren't in my inbox.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:29 AM

Smile
Thanks Dave for moving the post and for the info. Can always count on you for answers.
I'll check to see if I can do the same as you on incoming emails.
Have a great day ! Heat wave in the NE starting today. Heading to the lake for 10 days and hopefully some relief. Not used to this kind of weather up here.

Peterl

Old 07-21-2011, 05:03 AM

Have a great time on vacay. Which lake do you go to?
Old 07-21-2011, 08:33 AM

Thumbs up
Hi Sandy. We have a 30 foot camper permanently set up with covered roof and decks in a small private area that we have leased for 40+ years on Sebago Lake. Certainly could not afford any summer property on this lake and much is from old money. I actually have been at the same area much, much longer and our two children grew up there summers, and now our son and D-I-L and two grandkids are there as well. There are 14 total families and we are right on the most beautiful part of the lake. Home of the famed Land Lock Salmon, Sebago Lake is drinking water for a large population. Can't wait to get there and cool off in the clear, cool waters this evening..

Peterl

Old 07-21-2011, 11:41 AM

Sounds heavenly!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:04 PM

Peter, it sounds terrific. In fact, your experience sounds similar to my family's experience since 1953, on Lake George in NY's Adirondack Mountains. My folks took my brother and me there every summer as kids, and now as adults we still get together with each other, our adult kids and my brother's grandchildren. Talk about memories!

Have a wonderful time.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:12 AM

Smile
Hey Sandy; that sound great as well and yes, lots of memories ! Got back last evening from 10 days on the lake and had 3 first days of 90's and I spent more time in the lake than I have in years just getting some relief...Beautiful breezes on the shore (if you like 100 degree warmth in your face) but shade was the place to be. Had a great vacation and home for 4 days before we head back for another 10 days that we will enjoy with our son and daughter and their families...

Peterl

Old 08-01-2011, 07:40 AM

Peter, sounds like an ideal vacation. If the weather is going to be hot, being in or near a lake is the way to enjoy it. Enjoy your days at home before Vacation 2.0!