Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Default Packing A LOT in a carry-on bag
One of our members posted this video on Facebook. I'll definitely be using this method. Actually it holds true for any suitcase, just be careful of the weight restrictions.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:46 AM

Dave, I was not sure I could pack that much in a bag, but I did. it was truely amazing. I have enough for a 7 day cruise and I dont have to do laundry. All in a 21 inch bag.
I would love to see the cruise ships do this demo on the ship. with the airlines charging so much for bags these days, people can save their money and spend it on the cruise!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:58 PM

Smile
I saw that on Facebook. Quite impressive!

Best wishes for a great cruise Macmom!

BON VOYAGE!

Dwayne
Old 09-15-2011, 05:52 AM

I just had a chance to watch that video & although it might prevent clothes from wrinkling a little more than just stuffing them in, it's no different than just folding then in groups. You're only going to get so much in, no matter what you do. I think I'll stick to keeping my shirts in 1 group & pants in another with some spare room for purchases.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:34 AM

I can pack a whole week of casual clothes and business attire in one carry on roll bag when traveling by myself. However; my clothes are light weight and smaller. My husbands clothes take up twice as much space as mine. I do usually do a combination of folding and alternating, rolling clothes, and tucking small items in shoes.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:02 PM

I watched the video. Its a good method, but I have been able to pack that much for a while. Like Jan said... use the inside of the shoes to hold socks/underwear, make good use of the void on the bottom of a carry one created by the handle hardware and then fill the rest with clothing. Its amazing what you can fit in one of those. But things they failed to pack- bathing suit(s), suntan lotions and other cruise requirements. But even with those it can be done.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 09-19-2011, 06:24 AM

I used the method for my cruise last week, it was very easy and unbelievable how much was in that 22 inch suitcase. it was just as easy to pack it to bring it home. I will always pack this way for my cruise.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:22 AM

My husband watched the video and used that method this past weekend. He was always an expert packer, but he said he liked this method the best. His clothes were in a more compact bundle than how he used to pack, allowing for more clothing. It was just a weekend trip, but there was lots of room left over for packing more clothing for a longer trip.

The video suggested that in addition to the rollaboard suitcase, the other "personal" bag should be a backpack, into which you can pack toiletries, sunblock, etc. If I do that, it would work only if there's still room for my laptop computer, which I take on almost every trip.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:47 AM

this is just my opinion but you can pack your laptop in the middle of the clothes before you start the wrapping process, it will protect the laptop too. I packed my g p s that way
Old 09-19-2011, 10:09 AM

The problem is that you have to put the laptop on the x-ray belt when you go through security. Would be hard to get it out of the middle of the clothing pile.

Tags
19, 21, bag, car, carry, carryon, carryonbagscruiseship, cruise, day, inch, lot, pack, packing, purse, suitcase