Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   General Cruise Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/)
-   -   strange happenings on a cruise ship (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/37589-strange-happenings-cruise-ship.html)

macmom111 10-28-2011 09:15 AM

strange happenings on a cruise ship

I just read about the 2 deaths on a cruise ship this morning. One is not the norm but 2 is down right strange. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced strange happenings on a ship, here is mine
We were returning from dinner and entered our room and a room steward was in our room, he was rummaging thru our drawers. we walked in he was on his knees with our drawers so open and hands in them, he looked up at us, he jaw actually dropped, he stood up closed the drawers and left. it all happened very fast but he was not expecting us to walk in that door.
the last day of the cruise ATF boarded the ship, walked down the hall, we had the last room on the hall they walked to our room turned around and counted 2 doors and entered that room. I now wonder if the steward was trying to hide drugs or something. we had nothing for him to steal..not even sure he was our steward, it happened so fast.. do yall think we should have reported this?

Dave 10-28-2011 10:37 AM

You should have contacted security immediately.

Jim C. 10-28-2011 12:08 PM

I agree with Dave... you should have made that call. If nothing else at least to protect yourself from what could have been a setup. For all you know someone on the cruise before you could have left drugs behind with an arrangement for them to be picked up during your cruise... who knows.

But on the other part of your story, the 2 deaths, while sad, that happening is probably not that unusual. Consider how many older people are on a given cruise ship with 3000 passengers. Then consider how many cruise ships are sailing about in a given week. THEN consider what the odds are that 2 people could pass on the same ship during the same cruise. The odds are not that great. The only thing odd is that the news reporter thought it was news worthy. Would that same story have made the news if it were the Atlantis resort and two people had died from heart attacks in a week? Probably not. But put it on a cruise ship and suddenly its news worthy for some reason.

LHT28 10-28-2011 04:59 PM

YES!
You should have called security at that moment

LHT28 10-28-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim C. (Post 291283)
But on the other part of your story, the 2 deaths, while sad, that happening is probably not that unusual. Consider how many older people are on a given cruise ship with 3000 passengers.

One was a 20 something & a 64 yr old woman ..unrelated they said
we always seem to have a death or medical emergency on the cruise we are on
We did the Panama in March & a man died his body was taken off in Costa Rica

Last Panama trip in 2007 we has a medical emergency had to have a lady taken off near Cartegena ..she was in renal failure

I think some people go on a cruise as their dying wish :mad:

macmom111 10-28-2011 06:48 PM

when the steward was in our room we were as startled that he was there as he was with us catching him. we were just caught off guard. I pray it doesnt happen again
but next time we will know what to do..