Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 AM

Default help me decide
My family and I are looking to take a cruise. I have 2 children a 5 year old and a 1 1/2 year old. I would like to find a ship that has lots to do for children, mainly my 5 year old. I also am cruising on a budget so am looking for an affordable cruise. I have been previously on the Norwegian dawn and had no children at the time so im not sure how there childrens programs are. I am trying to do lots of research but i know nothing is better then someone who has been there before.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 PM

Heather, Welcome to cruise reviews. Your mainstream cruise lines like Carnival, Royal Caribbean, NCL, and Disney all would have good children's programs. Some ships will have more than others. Your definition of "affordable budget" may be different than mine. I would suggest you find a cruise oriented travel agent that could help you decide which cruise line and ship best fits your needs and budget. The newest and biggest ships like Royal Caribbean's Oasis and Allure have lots of activities, as does the new NCL Epic. But they might not be in your budget.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Heather,

Also consider the length of the cruise and what time of year you want to go, as well as the itinerary. You can have a spring or fall 7-night cruise for the price of a summertime 4-nighter. The shorter cruises also tend to have the older ships with lesser kid's facilities, although there are exceptions such as the Liberty Of The Seas for Royal Caribbean. That ship has a lot of stuff for kids. RCI also has the Royal Tots program on their larger ships which would give your youngest a limited activity program, plus they offer a nursery for $8 an hour in the evenings. The 5-year old would be in the Aquanauts youth program.

Tags
1year, affordable, caribbean, cruise, cruises, dawn, decide, epic, find, kids, liberty, line, ncl, norwegian, reviews, royal, seas