Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 11:19 AM

Default very confused
I just got a phone call and it was a survey, i took the survey thinking im helping someone out. At the end of the call, they offered me a 2 day 2 night cruise for two for free. This sounds pretty great, they gave me a confirmation and asked for my information then gave me a website. I dont know if this is a scam. i have never been on a cruise before, and would like to go but im worried about this. Has anyone ever heard of Carribean Cruise Line? Or has this happened to anyone before? Thanks!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Caribbean Cruise Line is also known as Celebration Cruise Line. They have one ship, the Bahamas Celebration which is a converted European ferry boat. They are not affiliated in any way with Royal Caribbean or Celebrity although obviously their choice of names is meant to imply a connection, such as when you posted your question in our Royal Caribbean section. (I've moved it to General cruise chat)

CCL uses various marketing methods to get people to commit, such as your 'survey', cards in the mail saying the person has 'won' a free cruise, and other similar things.

People come here every so often saying it was a fun 2-night cruise. Others say it is a scam. All I can say is that I personally wouldn't give them my business.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:04 PM

Thumbs down I get these all the time,,,and ignore them...
you here about "getting something for nothing" and it DOES NOT happen,,,you ll find you re charged for a lot of "extras",,in fine print...my advice is FORGET IT>>>a rip off.
If you really feel like checking it out,,find BB report in city they are based in...can also google it...
Old 02-25-2012, 03:52 PM
There's always a catch; if it's not fees, taxes, port charges and "extras" that add up to more than the value of the cruise, it will be an obligation to attend a timeshare presentation. Why would they do that? Because it WORKS!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Guess who just called me? Yup. The survey with a 'free' 2-day cruise! Added that number to my blocked list.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Administrator

What did you tell them, Dave?
Old 02-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Administrator

I said "I've been waiting for you to call me. I am the editor of Cruisereviews.com and have some questions to ask..." My last word would have been 'you' but they had hung up on me by then.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:12 AM

Wink
"No thank YOU" Dave; you are the polite one I'll have to say...

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews

Tags
2012, bahamas, caribbean, carnival, carribean, celebration, cruise, free, line, night, review, reviews, scam, scams, survey, won