Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 06:44 AM

Default Excursion problem
Hi again everyone. Long time no see. I have a cruise on hold with Royal Caribbean until Tuesday to Scandinavia but unsure whether to book now as having trouble with the excursions to St Petersburg. All RC trips are so expensive and there isn't many of them to choose from. Is that because I have left it too late booking the cruise and all the excursions have sold out?
RC say there are some cheaper trips left but I can't find them on their site. I would be reluctant to book, as this is the highlight of the trip. Any ideas from anyone regarding St Petersburg trips would be helpful. Need a planned excursion so that I don't need to get visas.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Have you considered Private tours? No VISA required

The prices are about the same as the cruise lines but smaller groups

check out SPB Tours | St. Petersburg
They have a roll Call section where you may find others on the same sailing looking to share

SPB-Tours | Roll Call: Find your Tourmates for shore excursions in St. Petersburg, Berlin, Helsinki and Tallin

There are other companies like Red October, Denrus that also have tours

They all usually run in the $300 range for 2 day tours PP
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Last edited by LHT28; 04-08-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:08 PM

Thank you for your reply. I Have considered a private tour but not sure how they work. Do you have to arrange to get other people to do the tour with you or does the company add you to a tour to make the numbers up? It still seems quite pricey for a 2day tour.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentishgirl View Post
Thank you for your reply. I Have considered a private tour but not sure how they work. Do you have to arrange to get other people to do the tour with you or does the company add you to a tour to make the numbers up? It still seems quite pricey for a 2day tour.
check the roll call area on the site I posted maybe someone is on the same ship same date as you
You can contact some of the tour guides & see if they have general tours that you do not need to find others to share

They work differently depending on the guides

Yes Europe is expensive but if you want to see SPB it is the best way to go
Getting your own VISA is very time consuming & pricey
You can always do the ships tours but when you add them up it works out pretty close to the same a s a private guide

Just do some research then you can make an informed decision

enjoy
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Tags
cheap, cruise, europe, excursios, ncl, no, petersburg, powered, private, spb, st, tour, tours, travel, trouble, vbulletin, visa