Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Default Rental Car Question
Is anyone familiar with SIXT car rentals? They are available at the Ft Lauderdale airport and their prices are about half of the other car rental companies. . . I found they are a European company, with lots of rental options in Europe, and some locations in Florida airports. The "customer reviews" on their website all rave - but that's to be expected... anyone have any experience or hearsay to share? Thanks.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:32 AM

No, sorry, I've never used them. All of the rental companies are off-site from the airport in Ft. Lauderdale. They should have a shuttle that runs to their site where you'll pick up and leave the car. Then, they should offer you a shuttle to the port. Notice I said "should"
Old 06-08-2012, 06:28 AM

Actually, you can walk tight into the rental car facility in Ft. Lauderdale if you arrive into Terminal 1, which is where Southwest/Air Tran Airlines arrive, and maybe others. If you arrive into Terminals 2 or 3, there's a shuttle bus that goes to that same garage. I've never used Sixt but have seen them listed.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:31 AM

last yr I rented a car at fort lauderdale for 24.00 total for 24 hrs. I got it from priceline, I think I would stick with a tried and true rental company, but thats just me. if you go to priceline, I used name your own price and I got it for like 16.00 dollars plus tax.

Tags
car, companies, company, cruise, dollar, enterprise, ft, lauderdale, nomolulu, port, powered, rent, rental, seo, shuttle, sixt, vbulletin