Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 01:46 PM
We are leaving out of NY Cruise terminal does anyone know the cost per day for parking your car there? We leave out of Pier 88.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Administrator

If the information on their official site is still accurate, it is $30 per night. VISA, MasterCard and cash are the only forms of payment accepted.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Thank you Lisa.

I am so looking forward to this one, I am jumping ship so to speak and trying...for the first time another Cruise Line other than my favorite, CELEBRITY so we will have to see about this so called, "Free Styling it" !
More to come...

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-06-2009, 02:24 AM
janfred- You will love sailing out of the NYC Passenger Cruise Terminal! The parking is incredibly convenient - you drop your bags off right at the pier, go park your car on the deck above the pier and take the escalator or elevator down to the departure area for check in and embarkation!! Big Apple really has this thing down to a "T"!!!

LisaP is right on the money again (pun intended) - The daily fee is $30/day - paid in advance!! Ah Well - small price for a great cruise - I envy you!!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 09-06-2009, 04:42 AM
BillyBuzzy,
Thanks again, this is such good news. We left out of Cape Liberty, NJ last Sept and it is not very nice, in an old warehouse you have to get a bus to the ship, parking was $15 but they don't have it down to a "T"
I can't figure out why we don't have more Cruise Ships leaving out of Norfolk, it is such a beautiful new Terminal and beautiful area to just walk around with lots to see like the MacArthur Memorial and the terminal is attached to Nauticus Naval Museum and the Battleship Wisconsin is docked there to visit. Thanks and take care !

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-06-2009, 05:28 AM

The cruise terminal in Norfolk was built a few years ago when more ships used Norfolk as an embarkation port. I agree that it's a shame that terminal, and beautiful Norfolk, is not used more.

Sandy
Old 09-06-2009, 07:57 AM

I can't even imagine driving in NYC!

I had the hardest time driving in Sandy's neck of the woods when I lived up there.

janfred, if you ever decide to jump ship again the Carnival Glory will be doing 4 runs next year out of Norfolk.

Dwayne
Old 09-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Dwayne,
I did here that and I also heard RCCL is going to bring in a newer ship but not sure which one. I may have to ponder on that one it is only a 20 min drive and parking is a breeze, it was $7 a day but that may have go up. I cruised out of here a few years ago.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Dwayne, that sounds good to me, too.

janfred, when you sail out of NYC, I encourage you to be on the top deck rather than a private balcony. Better photo opportunities. After passing the lower tip of Manhattan on the port side, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island will be starboard. Soon after that, most pax go inside. Don't follow them. Instead, remain on the top deck until you've passed under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.

Forgive me if you've cruised from NYC previously, as you'd know this.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:34 PM
LisaP
Thanks again, no we only cruised out of Cape Liberty, NJ and my husband is an avid photographer did get some nice pictures of the NY Skyline and Statue of Liberty but it was not as close as we would have liked. So I know he will be up top with all his equipment !! Looks like we will go right by
I remember the ship going under the Lion's Bridge leaving out of Vancouver, that was awesome (I think it is named the Lion's Bridge)
Check out some of his pictures at:
www.fredbargerphotography.com

Great tips

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
car, cruise, ny, nyc, park, terminal